Welcome to Gopher Athletics:
Welcome to the University of Minnesota! The Athletice Medicine Unit is committed to providing our student-athletes and spirit squad participants with the best possible medical coverage.
Below you will find information about the medical clearance process and the forms that are required to be completed prior to participating in the Spirit Squad Try-out. Clicking on the name of the form will take you to a .pdf form that you can print out and complete.
Returning Spirit Squad Participants
If you are a returning Spirit Squad Participant who is trying out again this year, you need only complete the following forms prior to the try-out:
• Demographic/Insurance Form (include copy of insurance card)
New Spirit Squad Participants
If you are not a current Spirit Squad Participant, the following forms must be printed and completed prior to the try-out.
- Demographic/Insurance Form (include copy of insurance card)
- Try-Out Waiver
- Health History, to be completed by the student, and Pre-Participation Physical Exam Form to be completed by a medical doctor (MD or DO).
- Sickle Cell Solubility Status
- Every athletic participant must confirm their sickle cell solubility status, either by:
- showing results of a diagnostic test, or
- sign a written release declining the test
Please print the forms, complete them, and bring them to the try-out. You will not be allowed to try out without completion of the forms and the Pre-Participation Physical Examination.
If you are under 18 years of age, please have a parent co-sign all documents.
Meet The Newcomers: Garrison Wright
6/30/2016 - Football
Fans getting to know Garrison Wright will not be surprised about his high school dominance in the weight room, football field or basketball court, but a third sport he starred is a reason...
Six Gophers Head to U.S. Olympic Trials
6/30/2016 - M. Track
Senior All-Americans Goaner Deng and Sean Donnelly will join All-American Gopher greats Hassan Mead, Harun Abda, Ben Blankenship and Zach Siegmeier.
Gopher Athletics Announces Two Hires
6/29/2016 - General Release
The University of Minnesota Athletics Department announced the addition of two new deputy athletics directors, who are set to join Gopher Athletics' staff this summer.