Golden Gopher Spirt SquadsWelcome to the University of Minnesota! The Athletice Medicine Unit is committed to providing our student-athletes and spirit squad participants with the best possible medical coverage.
Below you will find information about the medical clearance process and the forms that are required to be completed prior to participating in the Spirit Squad Try-out. Clicking on the name of the form will take you to a .pdf form that you can print out and complete.
Returning Spirit Squad Participants
If you are a returning Spirit Squad Participant who is trying out again this year, you need only complete the following forms prior to the try-out:
New Spirit Squad Participants
If you are not a current Spirit Squad Participant, the following forms must be printed and completed prior to the try-out.
- Demographic/Insurance Form (include copy of insurance card)
- Try-Out Waiver
- Health History, to be completed by the student, and Pre-Participation Physical Examination Form to be completed by the student, and Pre-Participation Physical Exam Form to be completed by a medical doctor (MD or DO)
- Sickle Cell Solubility Status
- Every athletic participant must confirm their sickle cell solubility status, either by:
- showing results of a diagnostic test, or
- sign a written release declining the test
Please print the forms, complete them, and bring them to the try-out. You will not be allowed to try out without completion of the forms and the Pre-Participation Physical Examination.
If you are under 18 years of age, please have a parent co-sign all documents.
Minnesota Earns 20-12 Victory over No. 16 SDSU
11/17/2017 - Wrestling
In front of a nearly packed house in Frost Arena in Brookings, S.D., the University of Minnesota battled through every level of adversity to defeat South Dakota State University 20-12 on ...
Gophers Pick Up Sixth-Straight Home Win
11/17/2017 - M. Ice Hockey
Casey Mittelstadt led the way with a goal and an assist while Brent Gates Jr., Rem Pitlick and Steve Johnson also recorded goals for the Maroon & Gold.
Gophers Win, 3-1 over Wildcats
11/17/2017 - W. Volleyball
The No. 7 University of Minnesota volleyball team earned a 3-1 win over Northwestern, tonight in Evanston, Ill.