Golden Gopher Spirt SquadsWelcome to the University of Minnesota! The Athletice Medicine Unit is committed to providing our student-athletes and spirit squad participants with the best possible medical coverage.
Below you will find information about the medical clearance process and the forms that are required to be completed prior to participating in the Spirit Squad Try-out. Clicking on the name of the form will take you to a .pdf form that you can print out and complete.
Returning Spirit Squad Participants
If you are a returning Spirit Squad Participant who is trying out again this year, you need only complete the following forms prior to the try-out:
New Spirit Squad Participants
If you are not a current Spirit Squad Participant, the following forms must be printed and completed prior to the try-out.
- Demographic/Insurance Form (include copy of insurance card)
- Try-Out Waiver
- Health History, to be completed by the student, and Pre-Participation Physical Examination Form to be completed by the student, and Pre-Participation Physical Exam Form to be completed by a medical doctor (MD or DO)
- Sickle Cell Solubility Status
- Every athletic participant must confirm their sickle cell solubility status, either by:
- showing results of a diagnostic test, or
- sign a written release declining the test
Please print the forms, complete them, and bring them to the try-out. You will not be allowed to try out without completion of the forms and the Pre-Participation Physical Examination.
If you are under 18 years of age, please have a parent co-sign all documents.
Volleyball Pick-Your-Packs Available July 25
7/20/2017 - W. Volleyball
The Gopher Volleyball team is offering a three-match Pick Your Pack option for just $30.
Being P.J. Fleck Debuts On Aug. 2 On ESPNU
7/20/2017 - Football
Football coach P.J. Fleck will be featured in a four-part series on ESPNU that chronicles Fleck’s first couple months of leading the Gophers.
Gophers Add Alicia Hicken-Franklin to Staff
7/20/2017 - M. Swimming
Former Gopher swimmer Alicia Hicken-Franklin joins coaching staff as Associate Head Coach for men's and women's swimming and diving.