Golden Gopher Spirt SquadsWelcome to the University of Minnesota! The Athletice Medicine Unit is committed to providing our student-athletes and spirit squad participants with the best possible medical coverage.
Below you will find information about the medical clearance process and the forms that are required to be completed prior to participating in the Spirit Squad Try-out. Clicking on the name of the form will take you to a .pdf form that you can print out and complete.
Returning Spirit Squad Participants
If you are a returning Spirit Squad Participant who is trying out again this year, you need only complete the following forms prior to the try-out:
New Spirit Squad Participants
If you are not a current Spirit Squad Participant, the following forms must be printed and completed prior to the try-out.
- Demographic/Insurance Form (include copy of insurance card)
- Try-Out Waiver
- Health History, to be completed by the student, and Pre-Participation Physical Examination Form to be completed by the student, and Pre-Participation Physical Exam Form to be completed by a medical doctor (MD or DO)
- Sickle Cell Solubility Status
- Every athletic participant must confirm their sickle cell solubility status, either by:
- showing results of a diagnostic test, or
- sign a written release declining the test
Please print the forms, complete them, and bring them to the try-out. You will not be allowed to try out without completion of the forms and the Pre-Participation Physical Examination.
If you are under 18 years of age, please have a parent co-sign all documents.
Coach's Corner With Brandon Eggum Jan. 16
1/16/2018 - Wrestling
GopherSports.com sat down with head coach Brandon Eggum to discuss this past weekend's results against Ohio State and Illinois.
Goldy Gopher Wins National Championship
1/16/2018 - Spirit Squad
Minnesota spirit squads once again turned in elite performances at the recent 2018 UCA & UDA College Cheerleading And Dance Team National Championship in Orlando, Fla.
Wiskus Earns Two Week One Plaudits
1/16/2018 - M. Gymnastics
After his first week competing at the collegiate level Shane Wiskus has been named the Big Ten Freshman of the Week and is the first ever NCAA Rookie of the Week.