Things to Think About when Choosing a College
1) First of all you must pick the school where you can get the best education for what you want to do in your career. Remember: athletics will probably not put the bread and butter on the table after your college career is over.
2) After you visit a number of schools (and this is very important), sit down and make a list of pros and cons of each school you visit.
3) Make a list of items to consider - program of study, costs of school, location, coaching staff, campus environment, athletic environment, academic climate, attitudes of athletes presently on the team, etc...
4) Talk with people that are very familiar with the schools you are considering. Remember: coaches can paint a very rosy picture.
5) When considering costs look at everything. Scholarships are great, but money should be your last consideration. If you can get everything you want from a school and still get some athletic aid then that may be the school for you. However, if you attend a school just because you receive more money you may not necessarily be happy.
6) Most of all, YOU must be happy with your education. You are the one attending school and no one else. Be objective.., and then do what you feel is the best for you.
Captains Corner: Tess Wasowicz
Catch up with cross country captain Tess Wasowicz as the Gophers prepare for the 2016 season.
Griak Feature: Bill Miles
Miles led Wayzata to eight state championships in cross country and added five additional titles in track & field.
Gophers Name 2016 Captains
Danielle Anderson, Anne Haakenstad, Madeline Strandemo, and Tess Wasowicz will lead the Gophers this fall.