Things to Think About when Choosing a College
1) First of all you must pick the school where you can get the best education for what you want to do in your career. Remember: athletics will probably not put the bread and butter on the table after your college career is over.
2) After you visit a number of schools (and this is very important), sit down and make a list of pros and cons of each school you visit.
3) Make a list of items to consider - program of study, costs of school, location, coaching staff, campus environment, athletic environment, academic climate, attitudes of athletes presently on the team, etc...
4) Talk with people that are very familiar with the schools you are considering. Remember: coaches can paint a very rosy picture.
5) When considering costs look at everything. Scholarships are great, but money should be your last consideration. If you can get everything you want from a school and still get some athletic aid then that may be the school for you. However, if you attend a school just because you receive more money you may not necessarily be happy.
6) Most of all, YOU must be happy with your education. You are the one attending school and no one else. Be objective.., and then do what you feel is the best for you.
'U' Programs Earn USTFCCCA Academic Honors
2/9/2018 - W. Cross Country
Both programs were among the best in the Big Ten with the women pacing the conference and the men ranking second.
Gophers to Host Summer Camps
2/4/2018 - W. Cross Country
Registration is now open for the 2018 Minnesota Track & Field and Cross Country youth camps on July 15-19, 2018.
Gophers Hand Out Annual Team Awards
12/11/2017 - W. Cross Country
Madeline Strandemo, Bethany Hasz, and Megan Hasz were named co-MVPs of the Gophers' 2017 season.