COLFAX, Wis. - Abby Lange led the Golden Gophers with an 11th-place individual showing as members of the University of Minnesota women's cross country team competed at the UW-Eau Claire Blugold Invitational at Whitetail Golf Course Friday evening.
Lange recorded a career-best six kilometer time of 22:34.5 to place 11th and lead Minnesota for the first time in her career. Sarah Werking ran a season-best 22:45.2 as Minnesota's second finisher in 17th overall, and Kelli Schmidt also posted a career-best 6K time of 22:54.6 in 24th overall to round out the top-three Gophers.
In the team standings, Minnesota finished fourth of 15 teams with 104 points. Host UW-Eau Claire took home the team title with 47 points, followed by UW-La Crosse (76 points) and Winona State (97 points) ahead of the Gophers.
Four Gophers ran their first collegiate 6K races in Delaney FitzPatrick (23:44.1), Kelsey Sather (24:20.4), and Jenna Conzemius (25:20.6), and unattached runner Molly Roach (24:56.5).
Minnesota's top 12 runners are set to compete at the Greater Louisville Classic 5K on Saturday morning. The race marks a preview of the 2017 NCAA Championship course at Tom Sawyer State Park in Louisville, Ky.
Blugold Invite: Gopher Results
11. Abby Lange, 22:34.5, career-best
17. Sarah Werking, 22:45.2, season-best
24. Kelli Schmidt, 22:54.6, career-best
36. Paige Peschel, 23:11.8, season-best
37. Sarah Klecker, 23:12.8, season-best
45. Ally Smith, 23:23.3, season-best
50. Abby Kargol, 23:29.5, season-best
56. Samantha Prouty, 23:42.7, season-best
57. Delaney FitzPatrick, 23:44.1, first 6K
79. Kelsey Sather, 24:20.4, first 6K
130. Jenna Conzemius, 25:20.6, first 6K
Blugold Invite: Unattached Gopher Results
4. Jaycie Thomsen, 22:15.3 (UA), season-best
14. Anastasia Korzenowski, 22:43.4 (UA), tied season-best
21. Tate Sweeney, 22:49.5 (UA), season-best
28. Sophie Schmitz, 23:02.5 (UA), season-best
31. Maria Eastman, 23:04.7 (UA), season-best
47. Bit Klecker, 23:25.3 (UA), season-best
114. Molly Roach, 24:56.5 (UA), first 6K
Groundbreaking for T&F Stadium Set for Friday
The University of Minnesota and Gopher Athletics will break ground on the new outdoor track & field facility on Friday, Oct. 20, at 11 a.m. CT.
Gophers to Host Jack's Run
Join members of the Gopher women's cross country team at Jack's Twilight Run, an open six kilometer race, on Friday.
Werking Leads Gophers at Neubauer Invite
Sarah Werking, Ally Smith, Paige Peschel, Kelli Schmidt, and Sarah Klecker led Minnesota Saturday morning.