COLFAX, Wis. - Abby Lange led the Golden Gophers with an 11th-place individual showing as members of the University of Minnesota women's cross country team competed at the UW-Eau Claire Blugold Invitational at Whitetail Golf Course Friday evening.
Lange recorded a career-best six kilometer time of 22:34.5 to place 11th and lead Minnesota for the first time in her career. Sarah Werking ran a season-best 22:45.2 as Minnesota's second finisher in 17th overall, and Kelli Schmidt also posted a career-best 6K time of 22:54.6 in 24th overall to round out the top-three Gophers.
In the team standings, Minnesota finished fourth of 15 teams with 104 points. Host UW-Eau Claire took home the team title with 47 points, followed by UW-La Crosse (76 points) and Winona State (97 points) ahead of the Gophers.
Four Gophers ran their first collegiate 6K races in Delaney FitzPatrick (23:44.1), Kelsey Sather (24:20.4), and Jenna Conzemius (25:20.6), and unattached runner Molly Roach (24:56.5).
Minnesota's top 12 runners are set to compete at the Greater Louisville Classic 5K on Saturday morning. The race marks a preview of the 2017 NCAA Championship course at Tom Sawyer State Park in Louisville, Ky.
Blugold Invite: Gopher Results
11. Abby Lange, 22:34.5, career-best
17. Sarah Werking, 22:45.2, season-best
24. Kelli Schmidt, 22:54.6, career-best
36. Paige Peschel, 23:11.8, season-best
37. Sarah Klecker, 23:12.8, season-best
45. Ally Smith, 23:23.3, season-best
50. Abby Kargol, 23:29.5, season-best
56. Samantha Prouty, 23:42.7, season-best
57. Delaney FitzPatrick, 23:44.1, first 6K
79. Kelsey Sather, 24:20.4, first 6K
130. Jenna Conzemius, 25:20.6, first 6K
Blugold Invite: Unattached Gopher Results
4. Jaycie Thomsen, 22:15.3 (UA), season-best
14. Anastasia Korzenowski, 22:43.4 (UA), tied season-best
21. Tate Sweeney, 22:49.5 (UA), season-best
28. Sophie Schmitz, 23:02.5 (UA), season-best
31. Maria Eastman, 23:04.7 (UA), season-best
47. Bit Klecker, 23:25.3 (UA), season-best
114. Molly Roach, 24:56.5 (UA), first 6K
'U' Programs Earn USTFCCCA Academic Honors
2/9/2018 - W. Cross Country
Both programs were among the best in the Big Ten with the women pacing the conference and the men ranking second.
Gophers to Host Summer Camps
2/4/2018 - W. Cross Country
Registration is now open for the 2018 Minnesota Track & Field and Cross Country youth camps on July 15-19, 2018.
Gophers Hand Out Annual Team Awards
12/11/2017 - W. Cross Country
Madeline Strandemo, Bethany Hasz, and Megan Hasz were named co-MVPs of the Gophers' 2017 season.