Dec. 3, 2011
NCAA Second Round Notes – Minnesota (19-11) vs. Washington (24-8)
Minnesota 3, Washington 2 (18-25, 20-25, 25-17, 25-21, 15-11)
- Minnesota is 34-16 all-time in NCAA Tournament matches and is 16-1 in tournament matches at the Sports Pavilion.
- Minnesota advances to the NCAA Regionals for the third consecutive year and the ninth time since 1999.
- It marked the second time this year the Gophers overcame a 0-2 deficit in a victory. The other rally came when Minnesota won in five sets against Michigan in Ann Arbor on Oct. 7.
- The Gophers also rallied from 0-2 for the second time in school history in an NCAA Tournament match. The other occasion came on Dec. 4, 1999 when Minnesota rallied to defeated USC in Los Angeles in the NCAA Tournament.
- Minnesota is 6-5 in five-set matches this year. The Gophers also handed Washington their first loss in a five-set match this year, as the Huskies dropped to 3-
- The Gophers are 2-0 against Washington in NCAA Tournament play. Minnesota also defeated the Huskies in five sets to advance to the Final Four in 2003 in a match that took place in Long Beach, Calif. on Dec. 13, 2003.
- Katherine Harms had career-highs in kills (29) and digs (24) in the match. Her 29 kills were the most by a Gopher in an NCAA Tournament match since Erin Martin had 31 against Georgia Tech on Dec. 10, 2004.
- Ashley Wittman had 23 kills marking the 12th time this year she has finished with 20 or more kills in a match.
- Jessica Granquist had 24 digs on the match, marking the 11 time this year she has collected 20 or more digs in a match, and the 28th time in her career.
- Hailey Cowles finished with 21 digs, marking the second time this year she has collected 20 or more digs in a match.
2018 NCAA Volleyball Championship Tickets On Sale
12/14/2017 - W. Volleyball
Experience the 2018 NCAA Division I Women’s Volleyball Championship in Minneapolis, December 13 and December 15, 2018!
Gophers Land Three All-Americans
12/13/2017 - W. Volleyball
The University of Minnesota had three individuals garner All-America honors, announced today by the American Volleyball Coaches Association.
Gophers Fall in Sweet 16
12/8/2017 - W. Volleyball
The University of Minnesota volleyball team fell, 23-25, 26-28, 16-25, to 10-seed USC, tonight in Gainesville, Fla., in the Regional Semifinal.