2010 NCAA Volleyball Championship
First Round Notes
Minnesota (25-8) 3, North Dakota State (20-11) 0
25-21, 25-21, 25-12
Friday, Dec. 3, 2010
North Dakota State Notes
* North Dakota State is makes its second NCAA Division I Championship appearance, and second in a three-year span. The Bison were formerly an NCAA DII power. Overall, NDSU is making its 22nd NCAA appearance.
* NDSU is 0-2 in NCAA Championship play, both losses to Minnesota in the NCAA First Round.
* Minnesota owns a 10-1 advantage in the series with North Dakota State, including a 3-0 mark since the Bison moved up to Division I.
* The Bison out-blocked Minnesota, one of the Big Ten’s top blocking teams, by a 3-1 margin in the first set. NDSU finished with a 7-5 advantage in blocks in the match.
* North Dakota State and Minnesota squared off in the NCAA First Round in 2008, with the Gophers winning 3-0 in the Sports Pavilion.
* The Bison won nine of their last 11 matches of the season. Going from 11-9 on the season to earning an NCAA Championship.
North Dakota State Player Notes
* Sophomore outside hitter Brynn Joki tallied 10 kills to lead the Bison. She also added 12 digs for her 10th double-double of the season.
* Joki, who ranks fifth in the NCAA in service aces, landed two in the match.
* Sophomore middle hitter Megan Lambertson led the Bison with five blocks. She also added six kills in 14 swings without an error.