Jacqueline Schroeder won the 1-meter diving event to lead the University of Minnesota women's divers in the second day of the Minnesota Diving Invite, today, at the University Aquatic Center. Schroeder, who placed second in the 3-meter yesterday, bettered her prelim score of 266.50 to a finals score of 271.75 to win the event. With her score, Schroeder also qualified for the NCAA Zone Diving competition in March.
Alex Barstad followed with a finals score of 250.20 to place fourth overall, bettering her prelim score of 248.20. Maggie Thomas and Taylor Enerson took the next two spots to finish fifth and sixth overall to post their best scores this season. Thomas held a finals score of 243.75, while Enerson scored a 210.45 in the finals and a 230.40 in the prelims for sixth.
“Our team is doing very well and we have several opportunities to compete in a championship meet format over the next several weeks,” head coach Jason Baumann said.
The Minnesota Diving invitational concludes tomorrow, with both the men and women competing on platform starting at 12 p.m.
Women’s 1M (NCAA Zone Score is
Place Prelim Final
1. Jacqueline Schroeder 266.50 271.75
2. Mariesa Cloud (NE) 266.20 263.45
3. Courtney Jolly (NE) 271.45 256.65
4. Alex Barstad 248.20 250.20
5. Maggie Thomas 233.60 243.75
6. Taylor Enerson 230.40 210.45
7. Emily Burbach (NE) 233.60 219.70
8. Kristin Jarnes (St. Thomas) 177.00 165.85
9. Michelle Engen (St. Thomas) 113.85 109.65