qualSenior T.D. Rowe placed fourth in the 3-meter springboard competition at the NCAA Zone C Regional in Bloomington on Friday. The event serves as the qualifying meet to the 1999 NCAA Swimming and Diving Championships next week (March 18-20) in Athens, Ga.
Rowe tallied 477.90 points to finish fourth. Angie Trostel of Cincinnati won the event with 510.95.
Three other Gophers competed with Rachel Degener placing 14th (388.95), Tracy LaVoi 20th (212.25) and Christina Rinkus 32nd (189.55).
The Zone C meet continues on Saturday will qualifying rounds in the 1-meter springboard and platform diving events.
NCAA Zone C Regional
March 12, 1999
Women's 3-meter (top 10 finishers)
1. Angie Trostel, Cincinnati, 510.95
2. Heather Mattingly, Notre Dame, 484.95
3. Erin Quinn, Indiana, 481.25
4. T.D. Rowe, Minnesota, 477.90
5. Sara Reiling, Indiana, 460.95
6. Holly Underwood, Ohio State, 436.15
7. Carly Weiden, Michigan State, 427.10
8. Melanie Johnson, Ohio State, 426.45
9. Kim Zieman, Michigan State, 425.05
10. Megan Kernan, Wisconsin, 400.11
Other Gopher finishes
14. Rachel Degener, Minnesota, 388.95
20. Tracy LaVoi, Minnesota, 212.25
32. Christina Rinkus, Minnesota ,189.55