May 2, 2013
|Minnesota (30-16, 11-6) vs. Indiana (19-31, 3-16)|
|Game One||Friday, May 3 at 6:00 p.m. CT | Gametracker|
|Game Two||Saturday, May 4 at 2:35 p.m. CT | Gametracker|
|Game Three||Sunday, May 5 at 1:00 p.m. CT | Gametracker|
|Location||Jane Sage Cowles Stadium (1,000) | Minneapolis, Minn.|
|TV | Video||Saturday, Live on Big Ten Network | Gopher All-Access (With Audio)|
|Game Notes||Minnesota | Indiana|
|2013 Statistics||Minnesota | Indiana|
|Tickets||612.624.8080 | 1.800.UGOPHER | www.mygophersports.com|
• Minnesota (30-16, 11-6 Big Ten) plays host to Indiana (19-31, 3-16 Big Ten) for a three-game Big Ten weekend series at Jane Sage Cowles Stadium. First pitch of Friday’s series opener is slated for 6:00 p.m. CT, with Saturday’s game scheduled for 2:30 p.m., and Sunday’s Senior Day finale set for 1:00 p.m. Saturday’s game will be televised live on the Big Ten Network, with Eric Collins calling the play-by-play and Lauren Lappin serving as analyst.
- Senior Weekend / Strike-Out Cancer Weekend: Help raise money for the University of Minnesota Relay for Life.
- Fans with a ticket to any previous home game that was canceled or moved to another site can use that ticket for any of the games this weekend.
- Fans who attend Friday's game will receive a ticket voucher for free admission to Saturday's game.
- Parents’ Day: Recognize all Gopher softball parents in attendance before the game.
- Alumni Day – Welcome back and recognize Gopher softball alumni before the game.
- Senior Day: Recognize Gopher softball seniors before the game. Parents invited to participate in the recognition.
- Girl Scout Day: All Girl Scouts receive free admission with uniform.
- Run the Bases: All fans 6th grade and under are welcome to run the bases after the game.
• Minnesota seniors Alex Davis (Harbor City, Calif.) and Kari Dorle (North St. Paul, Minn.) will play their final regular season home games this weekend. Davis enters the weekend having played in 191 career games, with 122 career hits, 88 runs batted in, 69 runs scored, 23 home runs and 22 doubles. Dorle has played in 205 career games (205 starts), with 134 hits, 113 runs batted in, 52 runs scored, 30 doubles and 22 home runs. Senior managers Michael Kyllo-Kittleson and Tom Schreder will also be recognized.
• The Gophers are 30-16 overall and 11-6 in the Big Ten after winning two of three games of its weekend series at Ohio State. Minnesota opened with a 3-0 shutout victory on Friday evening and then notched its 30th win of the season with a 7-2 victory on Saturday afternoon. The Buckeyes salvaged the final game of the series with a 14-6 win on Sunday.
• Head coach Jessica Allister is in her third season at Minnesota with a record of 92-62 (.597). She entered the season with 62 victories over her first two seasons, which are the most over a two-year span since Minnesota combined for 70 wins during 2003-04.
• Minnesota leads the all-time series against Indiana, with a record of 48-42 against the Hoosiers. The teams didn’t play last year, and split a pair of games in Bloomington during the 2011 season. The last time the teams played in Minneapolis, Indiana captured both games, winning 1-0 on April 17, 2010, and 8-3 on April 18, 2010.
• Minnesota has combined for 43 home runs in its 46 games so far, after hitting 53 HRs in 53 games during the 2012 season. Sophomore shortstop Tyler Walker leads the team with 10 home runs, while sophomore third baseman Kaitlyn Richardson has nine, junior centerfielder Bree Blanchette has seven, and freshman right fielder Kayla Wenner has six..
• Junior right-handed pitcher Sara Moulton was ranked among the top 25 for shutouts (9th), victories (12th) and strikeouts (16th) in last week’s NCAA stats, and was 29th for earned run average. For the season, Moulton is 26-9 with a 1.61 ERA, 21 complete games, and 244 strikeouts in 218.0 IP.
• Tyler Walker and Kaitlyn Richardson each have impressive numbers over an extended period of time. Since Feb. 22, Richardson is batting .480 (48-for-100) with 31 RBI, 27 R, eight doubles and seven HRs, while Walker is batting .443 (54-for-122) with 43 runs scored, 27 RBI, 12 doubles, two triples, nine home runs, and 16 stolen bases in 18 attempts.
(For the PDF version of the full 26-page Minnesota Game Notes, click the link in the box at the top of the page.)
Gophers Season Comes to Close at Regionals
Minnesota fell 15-7 to Washington in Regional Championship round
Gophers Advance to Championship Sunday
Minnesota pulled out a 7-5 victory on a long, cold and rainy night in Seattle.
Gophers Playing Must Win Game
Minnesota fell 5-2 to NCAA Regional host Washington this afternoon and will play a must win game at 9 p.m.