|#5 Minnesota (13-1, 40-3) vs. Iowa (7-7, 15-24)|
|Game 1||Friday, April 21 | 6 p.m.|
|Game 2||Saturday, April 22 | 1 p.m.|
|Game 3||Sunday, April 23 | Noon|
|Location||Jane Sage Cowles Stadium | Minneapolis, Minn.|
|Tickets||MyGopherSports.com (Sunday Sold Out)|
|Live Video||BTN Plus: Game 1 | Game 2 | Game 3|
|Live Stats||Game 1 | Game 2 | Game 3|
|Game Day Live||Game 1 | Game 2 | Game 3|
|Social Media||@GopherSoftball | Facebook | Instagram|
The No. 5/5 University of Minnesota Gophers return home to take on Iowa for what is expected to be a great atmosphere this weekend.
The Gophers added over 200 seats along left field for the remainder of the season but have still reached capacity on Sunday and are down to limited standing room only tickets for Saturday. Purchase tickets for Friday's game here.
Five Things To Know
1. The Gophers are now on an 11-game winning streak after two big wins over Wisconsin on Wednesday. Sara Groenewegen pitched a 12 inning shutout in the first game of the day and the bats came alive in the 12th inning in a 6-0 victory. The second game was a much different story with the Gophers winning 12-1 in five innings. Minnesota is 40-3 on the season and 13-1 in the Big Ten. They are in sole possession of first place in conference.
2. Kendyl Lindaman and MaKenna Partain have been key contributors in the Gophers historic season. They have both started every game and hit in the No. 4 and 5 spots in the lineup. They have both been named Schutt Sports/NFCA Division I National Freshman of the Year finalists making Minnesota just one of two teams with multiple finalists for the award.
Lindaman is leading the team with a .407 batting average and a .852 slugging percentage. She is one home run away from the program single season record with 14 on the season. She has also recorded 52 RBIs. Lindaman has an on base percentage of .563 and has been walked 37 times. Against Wisconsin she drew five walks breaking a school record and tying a Big Ten record for most times walked in a single game.
-- Minnesota Softball (@GopherSoftball) April 20, 2017
Partain is third on the team in batting average hitting .400 on the season. She has hit 10 doubles, one triple and two home runs. She has 28 RBIs including a walk-off single in the Gophers first game of the year. She has drawn 18 walks and has stolen three bases. She has started every game at second base.
3. Groenewegen had one of her best performances yet against Wisconsin with a 12 inning shutout and 15 strikeouts. She is having one of her best seasons yet in the circle. She is 20-2 with a 0.57 ERA and 183 strikeouts. She was recently named a top-25 finalist for the USA Softball Collegiate Player of the Year award and earned her third B1G Pitcher of the Week honor this season. She has won 14 B1G Pitcher of the Week awards and 19 total weekly conference plaudits in her career.
Groenewegen was also named a top-10 finalist for the Senior CLASS Award for her character and work on the field, in the classroom, and in the community. Don't forget to vote for her daily by clicking here.
4. The Gophers have now been ranked in the top-10 for seven straight weeks and just cracked the top-5 for the first time in program history this week. Prior to this season they had never been ranked in the top-10 in program history. They are No. 11 in the latest RPI.
5. The #Gophers are ranked No. 6 or higher in the NCAA in seven statistical categories:
1.79 doubles per game (2)
.930 winning percentage (3)
7.33 runs per game (4)
.438 on base percentage (5)
1.29 team ERA (5)
.346 batting average (6)
.537 slugging percentage (6)
Iowa is 15-24 and 7-7 in the Big Ten after earning their third conference series win over Rutgers this past weekend. Junior outfielder Cheyenne Pratt contributed four hits and two runs in Iowa's conference series win. At the plate she has a team second best batting average of .275, ten runs, 25 hits and three RBIs.
In the circle, freshman Allison Doocy pitched a total of 14 innings this past weekend. She recorded 16 strikeouts, a 0.00 ERA and had a one-hit shutout victory. On the season she has recorded a 2.70 ERA, 99 strikeouts and has only thrown 17 walks in 111.1 innings pitched.
Lindaman Earns Academic All-America Honor
6/4/2018 - Softball
Kendyl Lindaman was named to the 2018 Google Cloud Academic All-America Division I Team, as selected by CoSIDA.
Lindaman Named NFCA All-American
5/30/2018 - Softball
Kendyl Lindaman has been named a NFCA All-American earning second team as announced by the National Fastpitch Coaches Association.
161 Gophers Receive Spring Academic All-Big Ten Honors
5/30/2018 - Softball
A total of 161 Minnesota student-athletes were honored by the Big Ten on the Academic All-Big Ten Team for spring and at-large sports.