March 15, 2013
|Minnesota at Florida State's Sunshine Classic|
|Dates||Friday, March 15 through Sunday, March 17|
|Location||JoAnne Graf Field (1,000) | Tallahassee, Fla.|
|Sunshine Classic||Click Here|
|Game Notes||Minnesota | Florida State | Georgia Southern|
|2013 Statistics||Minnesota | Florida State | Georgia Southern|
The First Pitch
• Minnesota (13-9) travels to Florida State's Sunshine Classic in Tallahassee, Fla., where it plays two games against the host Seminoles (20-8) and a pair against Georgia Southern (14-10). Minnesota opens the tournament with a 5:00 p.m. CT game with FSU on Friday evening on ESPN3. On Saturday, the Gophers play the Eagles at 1:00 p.m. CT, before wrapping up the four-game weekend with games against Georgia Southern at 9:00 a.m. CT and Florida State at approximately 11:00 a.m. CT on Sunday.
• The Gophers are 13-9 after going 3-2 at Stanford University's Louisville Slugger Classic last weekend. Head coach Jessica Allister is in her third season at Minnesota with a record of 75-55 (.577). She entered the season with 62 victories over her first two seasons, which are the most over a two-year span since Minnesota combined for 70 wins during 2003-04.
• Minnesota is 6-6 all-time versus Pacific, 0-2 versus Stanford, and 3-0 versus Florida Gulf Coast. The Gophers defeated FGCU, 3-0, on February 22 in Fort Myers.
• Minnesota has combined to hit 16 home runs in its 17 games so far, after hitting 53 homers in 53 games during the 2012 season.
• Junior right-handed pitcher Sara Moulton is ranked among the top 15 for victories (5th), earned run average (8th) and hits allowed per seven innings (15th). For the season, Moulton is 13-5 with a 0.99 ERA, 11 complete games, and 138 strikeouts in 113.1 IP.
• Sophomore SS Tyler Walker and sophomore 3B Kaitlyn Richardson each have impressive numbers over the past three weekends. Walker is batting .489 (22-for-45) with 13 R, nine RBI, five doubles and four HRs, while Richardson is batting .462 (18-for-39) with nine RBI, five R, two doubles and a HR.
(For the PDF version of the full 26-page Minnesota Game Notes, click the link in the box at the top of the page, or Click Here)
Softball Home Tickets On Sale Now
Single game tickets for the University of Minnesota Gophers softball home games are now on sale. The Gophers also have 40 season tickets left for sale.
Lindaman Notches Another B1G Award
For the second week in a row and third time this season Kendyl Lindaman has been named the Big Ten Freshman of the Week.
Gophers Sweep Nebraska, Move To 28-2
The No. 8/8 University of Minnesota Gophers completed the weekend sweep over the Nebraska Cornhuskers with an 8-1 victory this afternoon.