Feb. 27, 2013
|Minnesota at Auburn's War Eagle Classic|
|Dates||Friday, March 1 through Sunday, March 3|
|Location||Jane B. Moore Field (1,500) | Auburn, Ala.|
|Series Records||MTSU (1-0) | Auburn (1-1) | Charlotte (1-0) | Gardner-Webb (First)|
|Tournament Page||Click Here|
|Game Notes||Minnesota | MTSU | Auburn | Charlotte | Gardner-Webb|
|2013 Statistics||Minnesota | MTSU | Auburn | Charlotte | Gardner-Webb|
The First Pitch
• Minnesota (7-7) travels to the War Eagle Classic in Auburn, Ala., where it plays games against Middle Tennessee (0-10) on Friday, Auburn (12-4) and Charlotte (6-4) on Saturday, and Gardner-Webb (2-4) on Sunday.
• The Golden Gophers are 7-7 after going 4-1 at Florida Gulf Coast’s Spring Break Invitational last weekend. Head coach Jessica Allister is in her third season at the helm of the Gophers with a record of 69-53 (.566). She entered the season with 62 victories over her first two seasons, which were the most over a two-year span since Minnesota combined for 70 wins during 2003-04.
• Minnesota is 1-0 all-time versus Middle Tennessee State, 1-1 versus Auburn, 1-0 versus Charlotte, and will be making its first-ever appearance against Gardner-Webb.
• Minnesota has combined to hit 12 home runs in its 14 games so far, after hitting 53 homers in 53 games during the 2012 season.
• Junior right-handed pitcher Sara Moulton is this week’s Big Ten Pitcher of the Week after going 4-0 with a 0.71 ERA, 42 strikeouts, a no-hitter, and a complete-game one-hitter at FGCU. For the season, Moulton is 7-4 with a 1.21 ERA, six complete games, and 89 strikeouts in 69.2 IP.
• Sophomore shortstop Tyler Walker and sophomore third baseman Kaitlyn Richardson each batted .471 (8-for-17) last weekend. Walker had a pair of doubles and a solo home run, with two hits being game-winners.
(For the PDF version of the full 26-page Minnesota Game Notes, click the link in the box at the top of the page, or Click Here)
Lindaman, Houlihan Homer in Sweep of Nebraska
4/22/2018 - Softball
A pair of two-run home runs by sophomore Kendyl Lindaman and junior Maddie Houlihan led Minnesota softball to a Big Ten sweep of Nebraska in front of a sold out Jane Sage Cowles Stadium.
Gophers Extend Home Winning Streak to 25 Games
4/21/2018 - Softball
There’s no place like home for Minnesota softball who extended their winning streak at Jane Sage Cowles Stadium to 25 games following a 6-0 victory over Nebraska Saturday afternoon....
Offense Leads Gophers Past Nebraska, 10-1
4/20/2018 - Softball
The Gophers needed only five innings to take a series-opening win over Nebraska 10-1 in front of a sold out Jane Sage Cowles Stadium.