Feb. 27, 2013
|Minnesota at Auburn's War Eagle Classic|
|Dates||Friday, March 1 through Sunday, March 3|
|Location||Jane B. Moore Field (1,500) | Auburn, Ala.|
|Series Records||MTSU (1-0) | Auburn (1-1) | Charlotte (1-0) | Gardner-Webb (First)|
|Tournament Page||Click Here|
|Game Notes||Minnesota | MTSU | Auburn | Charlotte | Gardner-Webb|
|2013 Statistics||Minnesota | MTSU | Auburn | Charlotte | Gardner-Webb|
The First Pitch
• Minnesota (7-7) travels to the War Eagle Classic in Auburn, Ala., where it plays games against Middle Tennessee (0-10) on Friday, Auburn (12-4) and Charlotte (6-4) on Saturday, and Gardner-Webb (2-4) on Sunday.
• The Golden Gophers are 7-7 after going 4-1 at Florida Gulf Coast’s Spring Break Invitational last weekend. Head coach Jessica Allister is in her third season at the helm of the Gophers with a record of 69-53 (.566). She entered the season with 62 victories over her first two seasons, which were the most over a two-year span since Minnesota combined for 70 wins during 2003-04.
• Minnesota is 1-0 all-time versus Middle Tennessee State, 1-1 versus Auburn, 1-0 versus Charlotte, and will be making its first-ever appearance against Gardner-Webb.
• Minnesota has combined to hit 12 home runs in its 14 games so far, after hitting 53 homers in 53 games during the 2012 season.
• Junior right-handed pitcher Sara Moulton is this week’s Big Ten Pitcher of the Week after going 4-0 with a 0.71 ERA, 42 strikeouts, a no-hitter, and a complete-game one-hitter at FGCU. For the season, Moulton is 7-4 with a 1.21 ERA, six complete games, and 89 strikeouts in 69.2 IP.
• Sophomore shortstop Tyler Walker and sophomore third baseman Kaitlyn Richardson each batted .471 (8-for-17) last weekend. Walker had a pair of doubles and a solo home run, with two hits being game-winners.
(For the PDF version of the full 26-page Minnesota Game Notes, click the link in the box at the top of the page, or Click Here)
Gophers Top No. 8 Oklahoma
The Gophers started the 2016 season with a run rule, 9-0, win over Utah Valley followed by topping No. 8/9 Oklahoma 1-0 after a Sydney Dwyer walk-off home run to center field.
Gophers Opening 2016 Season
Minnesota opens their 2016 season in Las Vegas at the Sportco Kickoff Classic taking on Utah Valley, Oklahoma, Texas Tech, Long Beach State and Washington.
First Pitch with Maddie Houlihan
Our final freshman to introduce you to before season is Maddie Houlihan out of Plymouth, Minn.