Feb. 27, 2013
|Minnesota at Auburn's War Eagle Classic|
|Dates||Friday, March 1 through Sunday, March 3|
|Location||Jane B. Moore Field (1,500) | Auburn, Ala.|
|Series Records||MTSU (1-0) | Auburn (1-1) | Charlotte (1-0) | Gardner-Webb (First)|
|Tournament Page||Click Here|
|Game Notes||Minnesota | MTSU | Auburn | Charlotte | Gardner-Webb|
|2013 Statistics||Minnesota | MTSU | Auburn | Charlotte | Gardner-Webb|
The First Pitch
• Minnesota (7-7) travels to the War Eagle Classic in Auburn, Ala., where it plays games against Middle Tennessee (0-10) on Friday, Auburn (12-4) and Charlotte (6-4) on Saturday, and Gardner-Webb (2-4) on Sunday.
• The Golden Gophers are 7-7 after going 4-1 at Florida Gulf Coast’s Spring Break Invitational last weekend. Head coach Jessica Allister is in her third season at the helm of the Gophers with a record of 69-53 (.566). She entered the season with 62 victories over her first two seasons, which were the most over a two-year span since Minnesota combined for 70 wins during 2003-04.
• Minnesota is 1-0 all-time versus Middle Tennessee State, 1-1 versus Auburn, 1-0 versus Charlotte, and will be making its first-ever appearance against Gardner-Webb.
• Minnesota has combined to hit 12 home runs in its 14 games so far, after hitting 53 homers in 53 games during the 2012 season.
• Junior right-handed pitcher Sara Moulton is this week’s Big Ten Pitcher of the Week after going 4-0 with a 0.71 ERA, 42 strikeouts, a no-hitter, and a complete-game one-hitter at FGCU. For the season, Moulton is 7-4 with a 1.21 ERA, six complete games, and 89 strikeouts in 69.2 IP.
• Sophomore shortstop Tyler Walker and sophomore third baseman Kaitlyn Richardson each batted .471 (8-for-17) last weekend. Walker had a pair of doubles and a solo home run, with two hits being game-winners.
(For the PDF version of the full 26-page Minnesota Game Notes, click the link in the box at the top of the page, or Click Here)
Lindaman Accepts Bid to Team USA Selection Camp
Kendyl Lindaman found her name amongst the 56 athletes to accept an invitation to participate in the 2018 USA Softball Women's National Team Selection Camp
Eleven Earn All-America Scholar-Athlete Honors
Minnesota softball saw 11 of its current and former student-athletes receive 2016-17 NFCA All-America Scholar-Athletes.
Gophers Rank in Top 40 for Academics
The NFCA released its list of top academic teams for the 2017 season including the Gophers with a cumulative GPA of 3.460.