|Minnesota vs. Colgate|
|Date||Friday, September 28 | Sunday, September 29|
|Time||7:07 p.m. CT | 4:07 p.m. CT|
|Location||Ridder Arena (3,400)|
|Series Record||Never met|
|Follow the Match||Live Video | Live Audio | Game Day Live 1 | Game Day Live 2|
|Game Notes||Minnesota | Colgate|
|Season Statistics||Minnesota | Colgate|
|Social Media||Facebook | @MNwomenshockey|
Five Things You Need To Know:
1. Minnesota has only lost their season opener once (Oct. 3, 2008 - Robert Morris ) since starting the program in 1997. That is also the last time that the Gophers had a record under .500 (158 game span). They capped off that 2008 season by making it to the NCAA Frozen Four.
2. The Golden Gophers have never faced Colgate, but they are 51-16-4 against East Coast Athletic Conference affiliates. The last time Minnesota lost to a team from the ECAC was a 1-0 road loss to Harvard on Dec. 4, 2009. The Gophers have four games this season against ECAC teams (two against both Colgate and St. Lawrence).
3. The Maroon & Gold have not lost a regular season non-conference game since Dec. 4, 2009, which was a 1-0 road loss to Harvard. That is a total of 11-straight regular season non-conference victories. Their last loss at home to a non-conference opponent was the 2008 season opener to Robert Morris.
4. Minnesota enters the 2012-13 season as the unanimous No. 1 team in both the USCHO.com and USA Today/USA Hockey Magazine. They have been tabbed No. 1 in both preseason polls twice (2003-04 and 2004-05), and in both seasons, the Maroon
& Gold won the NCAA Championship. The Gophers capped off last year’s championship season by winning their final eight contests.
5. The Gophers have an all-time home record of 223-34-19 (.842), which is the best in the nation. Their last loss was at home was a 2-1 overtime loss to North Dakota on Feb. 17, 2012, which was the team’s only home loss during the 2011-12 season.
Five Minutes with Sierra Smith
Catch up with Gophers sophomore Sierra Smith as she reflects on her first two years in Maroon & Gold.
Season Recap: A Look Back at 2016-17
Take a look back at the University of Minnesota women's hockey team's 2016-17 campaign.
IIHF Women's Worlds Recap with Potomak
Gopher sophomore Sarah Potomak shares her experience representing Canada at the 2017 IIHF Women's World Championship.