Nov. 28, 2013
THE OPENING TIP - QUICK NOTES
• The Minnesota women’s basketball team travels to Honolulu, Hawaii, to take part in the Waikiki Beach Marriott Rainbow Wahine Showdown where they will face Chattanooga, Colorado State and Hawaii Nov. 29-Dec. 1.
• Fans can follow live stats of each contest on HawaiiAthletics.com and watch a live stream of Sunday’s game vs. the Rainbow Wahine on BigWest.tv.
• Friday’s game vs. Chattanooga and Sunday’s game at Hawaii can be heard live locally on 1500ESPN, while Saturday’s contest has be heard on KBEM Jazz 88.5 FM with Corbu Stathes and Lynnette Sjoquist on the call.
• Live updates can also be found on the Gophers’ official twitter page - @GophersWBB.
• Amanda Zahui B. was named the Big Ten Conference Player and Freshman of the Week on Nov. 25 after averaging 13.5 points, 12.0 rebounds, 6.0 blocks and 3.0 assists in victories over Kansas and Navy.
• The center currently ranks sixth in the NCAA in blocks per game (3.8) and leads the Big Ten in both blocks per game and rebounds per game (11.0).
• Rachel Banham was named to the Naismith Trophy 2013-14 Women’s 50-Player Watch List on Monday and has now been named to all three preseason watch lists for National Player of the Year. In addition to the Naismith, the guard is on the Wade Watch and Wooden Top 30 lists.
Staples Added to 2018 Recruiting Class
5/9/2018 - W. Basketball
Minnesota women’s basketball head coach Lindsay Whalen announced the addition of 5-10 guard Mercedes Staples to the team’s 2018 recruiting class Wednesday.
Whalen Finalizes Staff with O'Banion
5/2/2018 - W. Basketball
Minnesota head coach Lindsay Whalen finalized her coaching staff Wednesday with the announcement of the return of Danielle O'Banion as assistant coach.
Wagner, Wiebke Earn B1G Medal of Honor
4/30/2018 - W. Basketball
Wagner and Wiebke were presented with their awards at the 12th annual Golden Goldys on Monday night at TCF Bank Stadium.