Nov. 28, 2013
THE OPENING TIP - QUICK NOTES
• The Minnesota women’s basketball team travels to Honolulu, Hawaii, to take part in the Waikiki Beach Marriott Rainbow Wahine Showdown where they will face Chattanooga, Colorado State and Hawaii Nov. 29-Dec. 1.
• Fans can follow live stats of each contest on HawaiiAthletics.com and watch a live stream of Sunday’s game vs. the Rainbow Wahine on BigWest.tv.
• Friday’s game vs. Chattanooga and Sunday’s game at Hawaii can be heard live locally on 1500ESPN, while Saturday’s contest has be heard on KBEM Jazz 88.5 FM with Corbu Stathes and Lynnette Sjoquist on the call.
• Live updates can also be found on the Gophers’ official twitter page - @GophersWBB.
• Amanda Zahui B. was named the Big Ten Conference Player and Freshman of the Week on Nov. 25 after averaging 13.5 points, 12.0 rebounds, 6.0 blocks and 3.0 assists in victories over Kansas and Navy.
• The center currently ranks sixth in the NCAA in blocks per game (3.8) and leads the Big Ten in both blocks per game and rebounds per game (11.0).
• Rachel Banham was named to the Naismith Trophy 2013-14 Women’s 50-Player Watch List on Monday and has now been named to all three preseason watch lists for National Player of the Year. In addition to the Naismith, the guard is on the Wade Watch and Wooden Top 30 lists.
Whalen Breaks WNBA Wins Record
June has seen one Gopher set an all-time league milestone and two other Gophers notch season highs in wins for their teams.
Gophers Announce Expansive iHeartMedia Partnership
New agreement will keep Gopher football radio broadcasts on KFAN, while bringing men’s and women’s basketball and men’s hockey onto iHeartMedia channels
Meet Coach McGillan
New Gophers assistant coach Marty McGillan is looking forward to the start of summer practice.