|Minnesota (6-1) vs. Virginia (4-1) - ACC/BIG TEN CHALLENGE
|Date||Thursday, November 29, 2012|
|Time||7:00 p.m. CT|
|Location||Minneapolis, Minn. / Williams Arena (14,625)|
|Series Record||Minnesota leads, 3-1|
|Last Meeting||November 24, 2007 (Virginia, 73-62)|
|Television / Internet||BTN (Lisa Byington, Stephanie White, Ann Carroll)|
|Radio||Learfield/1500 ESPN (Listen Online)|
|(Play-by-Play: Corbu Stathes / Analyst: Lynnette Sjoquist)|
|Live Stats||Click Here|
|Game Notes||Minnesota | Virginia|
||ACC/Big Ten Challenge Program|
|Season Statistics||Minnesota | Virginia|
|Social Media||Facebook | @GophersWBB | @PamBorton|
The Opening Tip - Quick Notes
• The Minnesota women's basketball team hosts Virginia in the 2012 ACC/Big Ten Challenge on Thursday, Nov. 29 at 7:00 p.m. at Williams Arena.
• The contest will be broadcast live on BTN, with Lisa Byington doing play-by-play, Stephanie White serving as the analyst and Ann Carroll serving as the sideline reporter.
• Fans can also listen to the game live on 1500 ESPN or on Gophersports.com.
• This year's ACC/Big Ten Challenge will mark the sixth year of an event that has been extended to 2016.
• The Big Ten and ACC battled to a 6-6 draw, the first tie in the Challenge's history, last season.
• Minnesota is 2-3 all-time in the ACC/Big Ten Challenge and holds a 3-1 advantage in the all-time series vs. Virginia, which includes a 1-0 record at Williams Arena.
• Minnesota posted a 2-1 record last week at the Cancun Challenge in Cancun, Mexico.
• The Gophers opened play with a 46-58 loss to Richmond, but bounced back with two-straight wins vs. James Madison, 80-62, and Missouri, 59-54.
• Minnesota is receiving four votes in the latest USA Today Coaches' Poll after receiving two votes in last week's poll.
• It is the first time the Maroon and Gold have received votes in the poll since April 7, 2009.
• The Gophers enter Thursday's game vs. Virginia with a 10-game home winning streak.
• The streak dates back to last season's win vs. No. 15 Nebraska on Feb. 13, 2012.
• Minnesota is the only team in the Big Ten with six wins this season.
• The Gophers lead the Big Ten in three-point field goal percentage defense (.243) and rebounding margin (+9.3)
• In her just her sophomore campaign, guard Rachel Banham already has 713 career points.
• She looks to join Minnesota's list of 1,000 point scorers in just her second year.
• Banham needs to score 287 points to become the 21st Gopher in program history to notch 1,000 career points.
• Virginia makes the trip to Minneapolis with a 4-1 record on the season. It is receiving 12 votes in the AP Poll and four votes in the USA Today Coaches' Poll.
• One of those wins was an upset victory vs. No. 17 Vanderbilt last week in the San Juan Shootout in Puerto Rico.
Palma Kaposi Signs with Gophers
The forward from Hungary will have three years of eligibility starting in 2016-17.
Banham Named B1G Athlete of the Year
The senior guard was chosen from nominees representing all 14 conference schools.
Mable, Banham NCAA Woman of the Year Nominees
Minnesota's two nominees will be in consideration for the award's 26th presentation since its inception.