Nov. 24, 2012
|Minnesota (5-1) vs. Missouri (4-1) - CANCUN CHALLENGE
|Tournament Info||Cancun Challenge|
|Date||Saturday, November 24, 2012|
|Time||5:00 p.m. CT|
|Location||Moon Palace Golf and Spa Resort (1,000)|
|Series Record||Series tied, 4-4|
|Last Meeting||December 19, 1987 (Minnesota, 71-61)|
|Television / Internet||Gopher All-Access|
|Radio||Learfield/KBEM Jazz 88.5 FM (Listen Online)|
|(Play-by-Play: Corbu Stathes / Analyst: Lynnette Sjoquist)|
|Live Stats||Click Here|
|Game Notes||Minnesota | Missouri|
|Season Statistics||Minnesota | Missouri|
|Social Media||Facebook | @GophersWBB | @PamBorton|
• Minnesota closes out the Cancun Challenge vs. Missouri Saturday at 5:00 p.m.
• Live video of both game will be available on Gophersports.com via Gopher All-Access, while live stats will also be available for each contest.
• Fans can also listen to both games live on KBEM Jazz 88.5 FM, with Corbu Stathes providing play-by-play and Lynnette Sjoquist serving as the analyst.
• Minnesota and Missouri are tied, 4-4, in the all-time series, which includes a 3-1 mark at home and a 1-3 record on the road. The two teams have never played on a neutral court.
• The last time the two teams met was on Dec. 19, 1987, with the Gophers winning 71-61 on the road.
• The Gophers had their eight-game win streak come to a close Thursday, as they dropped their first game of the season to Richmond, 58-46, in their first game of the Cancun Challenge.
• Minnesota bounced back with a convincing, 80-62, win vs. James Madison on Friday.
• Kionna Kellogg led the Gophers with a career-high 20 points and 12 rebounds. Her double-double was her first of the season and third of her career.
• Rachel Banham also scored 20 points in the contest, shooting 7-of-14 from the floor.
• Missouri defeated Witchita State in its opening game of the tournament, 49-44, but lost to UW-Green Bay, 55-33, on Friday in their second game of the Cancun Challenge.
• Morgan Eye led Tigers with nine points, while Sydney Crafton had a team-high nine rebounds.
• The Cancun Challenge enters its eighth year and has become one of the most popular destination preseason tournaments for women’s teams.
• The official tournament webiste is cancunchallenge.net. It has all of the latest news and information regarding the Cancun Challenge. Fans can also follow the Cancun Challenge on Facebook (facebook.com/TCSCancunChallenge) and Twitter (@CancunChallenge) for updates.
Game Preview: Gophers at Northwestern
Sunday afternoon on BTN Minnesota will face the Wildcats for the second time this season.
Outside the Paint with Karley Barnes
The Gophers center talked with GopherSports.com about her transfer and ACL recovery process.
Gophers Beat Rutgers for First Time
Rachel Banham and Carlie Wagner each had over 20 points as Minnesota beat Rutgers for the first time in program history