Nov. 24, 2012
|Minnesota (5-1) vs. Missouri (4-1) - CANCUN CHALLENGE
|Tournament Info||Cancun Challenge|
|Date||Saturday, November 24, 2012|
|Time||5:00 p.m. CT|
|Location||Moon Palace Golf and Spa Resort (1,000)|
|Series Record||Series tied, 4-4|
|Last Meeting||December 19, 1987 (Minnesota, 71-61)|
|Television / Internet||Gopher All-Access|
|Radio||Learfield/KBEM Jazz 88.5 FM (Listen Online)|
|(Play-by-Play: Corbu Stathes / Analyst: Lynnette Sjoquist)|
|Live Stats||Click Here|
|Game Notes||Minnesota | Missouri|
|Season Statistics||Minnesota | Missouri|
|Social Media||Facebook | @GophersWBB | @PamBorton|
• Minnesota closes out the Cancun Challenge vs. Missouri Saturday at 5:00 p.m.
• Live video of both game will be available on Gophersports.com via Gopher All-Access, while live stats will also be available for each contest.
• Fans can also listen to both games live on KBEM Jazz 88.5 FM, with Corbu Stathes providing play-by-play and Lynnette Sjoquist serving as the analyst.
• Minnesota and Missouri are tied, 4-4, in the all-time series, which includes a 3-1 mark at home and a 1-3 record on the road. The two teams have never played on a neutral court.
• The last time the two teams met was on Dec. 19, 1987, with the Gophers winning 71-61 on the road.
• The Gophers had their eight-game win streak come to a close Thursday, as they dropped their first game of the season to Richmond, 58-46, in their first game of the Cancun Challenge.
• Minnesota bounced back with a convincing, 80-62, win vs. James Madison on Friday.
• Kionna Kellogg led the Gophers with a career-high 20 points and 12 rebounds. Her double-double was her first of the season and third of her career.
• Rachel Banham also scored 20 points in the contest, shooting 7-of-14 from the floor.
• Missouri defeated Witchita State in its opening game of the tournament, 49-44, but lost to UW-Green Bay, 55-33, on Friday in their second game of the Cancun Challenge.
• Morgan Eye led Tigers with nine points, while Sydney Crafton had a team-high nine rebounds.
• The Cancun Challenge enters its eighth year and has become one of the most popular destination preseason tournaments for women’s teams.
• The official tournament webiste is cancunchallenge.net. It has all of the latest news and information regarding the Cancun Challenge. Fans can also follow the Cancun Challenge on Facebook (facebook.com/TCSCancunChallenge) and Twitter (@CancunChallenge) for updates.
Whalen Named to 2016 Olympic Team
Former Gopher Lindsay Whalen was named to her second United States women's basketball olympic team Wednesday
Go FORE Classic Set for June 13
Registration is open for the annual golf event benefiting the Gopher women's basketball program.
Registration Open for Stollings Basketball Camps
The camps will provide the opportunity to play on the Williams Arena court and receive instruction from Gopher women's basketball staff.