Nov. 24, 2012
• Minnesota closes out the Cancun Challenge vs. Missouri Saturday at 5:00 p.m.
• Live video of both game will be available on Gophersports.com via Gopher All-Access, while live stats will also be available for each contest.
• Fans can also listen to both games live on KBEM Jazz 88.5 FM, with Corbu Stathes providing play-by-play and Lynnette Sjoquist serving as the analyst.
• Minnesota and Missouri are tied, 4-4, in the all-time series, which includes a 3-1 mark at home and a 1-3 record on the road. The two teams have never played on a neutral court.
• The last time the two teams met was on Dec. 19, 1987, with the Gophers winning 71-61 on the road.
• The Gophers had their eight-game win streak come to a close Thursday, as they dropped their first game of the season to Richmond, 58-46, in their first game of the Cancun Challenge.
• Minnesota bounced back with a convincing, 80-62, win vs. James Madison on Friday.
• Kionna Kellogg led the Gophers with a career-high 20 points and 12 rebounds. Her double-double was her first of the season and third of her career.
• Rachel Banham also scored 20 points in the contest, shooting 7-of-14 from the floor.
• Missouri defeated Witchita State in its opening game of the tournament, 49-44, but lost to UW-Green Bay, 55-33, on Friday in their second game of the Cancun Challenge.
• Morgan Eye led Tigers with nine points, while Sydney Crafton had a team-high nine rebounds.
• The Cancun Challenge enters its eighth year and has become one of the most popular destination preseason tournaments for women’s teams.
• The official tournament webiste is cancunchallenge.net. It has all of the latest news and information regarding the Cancun Challenge. Fans can also follow the Cancun Challenge on Facebook (facebook.com/TCSCancunChallenge) and Twitter (@CancunChallenge) for updates.