Nov. 22, 2012
• The Minnesota women's basketball team will take on James Madison in its second game of the Cancun Challenge in Cancun, Mexico, on Friday at 2:30 p.m.
• Live video of both game will be available on Gophersports.com via Gopher All-Access, while live stats will also be available for each contest.
• Fans can also listen to both games live on KBEM Jazz 88.5 FM, with Corbu Stathes providing play-by-play and Lynnette Sjoquist serving as the analyst.
• Minnesota trails James Madison in the all-time series, 0-2.
• The last time the two teams met was on Dec. 1, 1996, with the Dukes winning 64-56 in Minneapolis during the Dial Classic.
• The Gophers had their eight-game win streak come to a close Thursday, as they dropped their first game of the season to Richmond, 58-46, in their first game of the Cancun Challenge.
• Rachel Banham and Micaëlla Riché led Minnesota offensively with 12 points apiece.
• Banham scored 10 of her 12 points in the first half, while Riché scored 11 of her 12 points in the second half.
• Riché also paced the Gophers with eight rebounds, seven of which came in the second half.
• JMU defeated UW-Green Bay, 89-86, in overtime Thursday night in their first game of the Cancun Challenge.
• Tarik Hislop led all players with 32 points, while three addition Dukes scored in double figures.
• The Cancun Challenge enters its eighth year and has become one of the most popular destination preseason tournaments for women’s teams.
• The official tournament webiste is cancunchallenge.net. It has all of the latest news and information regarding the Cancun Challenge. Fans can also follow the Cancun Challenge on Facebook (facebook.com/TCSCancunChallenge) and Twitter (@CancunChallenge) for updates and for prize giveaways during the event
• The Gophers will close out the Cancun Challenge vs. Missouri Saturday at 5:00 p.m.