|Minnesota (22-12, 8-8) at South Dakota State (24-9, 13-1)|
|Date / Time||Thursday, March 27 | 7 p.m.|
|Live Video||Click Here|
|Live Stats||Click Here|
|Game Notes||Minnesota | SDSU|
|Official Sites||Minnesota | SDSU|
|Social Media||@GophersWBB | Facebook|
March 26, 2014
THE OPENING TIP - QUICK NOTES
• The University of Minnesota women’s basketball team travels to Brookings, S.D., Thursday for a 7:00 p.m. contest against South Dakota State in the third round of the Women’s National Invitation Tournament (WNIT).
• The contest will be streamed on Gophersports.com, can be heard locally on 1500 ESPN, while live updates can be found on the Gophers’ official twitter page - @GophersWBB.
• The Gophers are making their second-straight WNIT appearance and advanced to the third round with a 77-70 win over SMU on Sunday afternoon to improve to 22-12 overall.
• Minnesota’s 22 wins are the most since the 2004-05 season, when it posted a 26-8 overall record.
• The Gophers finished the regular-season with an 8-8 Big Ten record, its best finish in the league since 2009.
• Minnesota has appeared in the Postseason WNIT three times (2007, 2013, 2014) since Triple Crown Sports took over the event in 1998. The Gophers also appeared in the NWIT in 1978 and 1979.
• The Maroon and Gold holds a 3-2 record in WNIT appearances following their win over the Mustangs.
• South Dakota State moved into the third round of competition with a 62-51 win over Creighton on Sunday afternoon in its WNIT second-round contest.
• The Jackrabbits are now 24-9 on the season, after finishing play in the Summit League with a 13-1 record.
• The Gophers trail SDSU, 1-4, in the all-time series, with their lone win coming at home on Jan. 28, 1978 (81-56).
• In Minnesota’s first-round win over Green Bay, Rachel Banham scored 31 points to break the Gophers’ single-season scoring record. She now has 725 points. The record of 708 points by Laura Coenen had stood since 1985.
• Her 725 points rank eighth in the Big Ten single-season record book. The league record stands at 872 points by Penn State’s Kelly Mazzante in 2002.
• Banham enters Thursday’s game just 32 points away from scoring 2,000 for her career. She would become just the fourth Gopher in program history to reach the milestone and the first to reach the mark since 2004.
• With 383 rebounds on the season, Amanda Zahui B. needs five rebounds to break not only the Minnesota single-season record, but to break the Big Ten single-season record, as well. Both records sit at 387 rebounds.
• Banham and Zahui were both named WBCA All-Region 6 selections and nominees for the 2014 WBCA Division I Coaches’ All-America Team. Zahui is one of only two freshman nationally to earn all-region honors.
Awards Banquet Wraps Up Season
The Gophers recapped their 2016-17 season and presented team awards on campus Thursday night.
Gophers Garner Awards, Top-10 Performances
In Minnesota's third season under head coach Marlene Stollings, a young team made strides against tough competition.
Annual Banquet Set for March 23
The Gophers will recap their season and recognize seniors and award winners.