|Minnesota (14-9, 3-6 B1G) vs. Iowa (16-7, 5-4 B1G)
|Date||Thursday, February 7, 2013|
|Time||7:30 p.m. CT|
|Location||Minneapolis, Minn. / Williams Arena|
|Tickets||MyGopherSports.com - 1 bench seat and $5 concession voucher for $10|
|Series Record||Minnesota trails, 22-45|
|Last Meeting||February 9, 2012 (Iowa, 75-58)|
|Radio||Learfield / KBEM Jazz 88.5 FM (Listen Online)|
|(Play-by-Play: Corbu Stathes / Analyst: Lynnette Sjoquist)|
|Live Stats||Click Here|
|Game Notes||Minnesota | Iowa|
|Season Statistics||Minnesota | Iowa|
|Social Media||Facebook | @GophersWBB | @PamBorton|
Feb. 6, 2013
THE OPENING TIP - QUICK NOTES
• The University of Minnesota women's basketball team returns to Williams Arena for a Big Ten contest vs. Iowa on Thursday night at 7:30 p.m. The contest will be broadcast live on BTN with Brenda VanLengen and Stephanie White on the call.
• Fans can also listen to the game live on KBEM Jazz 88.5 FM or for free through Stretch Internet on GopherSports.com with Corbu Stathes and Lynnette Sjoquist on the call.
• Minnesota trails Iowa, 22-45, in the all-time series which dates back to 1974.
• The Maroon and Gold is 13-17 when facing Iowa in Minneapolis.
• Eleven of Minnesota's 14 victories this season have come at the friendly confines of Williams Arena, as the Gophers are 11-3 on their home court.
• According to the latest RPI report released by the NCAA on Monday afternoon, the Gophers currently rank No. 63.
• Minnesota boasts a .451 field goal percentage, which is the 16th-best mark nationally and is the second-highest percentage in the Big Ten behind Ohio State (.459).
• Sophomore Rachel Banham is the Big Ten's second-leading scorer with a points-per-game average of 21.1. The guard also ranks 13th nationally in points per game and 10th in free throw percentage.
• In the past three games, Banham has combined to score 80 points thanks to back-to-back 30-point outings vs. Illinois and Michigan and an 11-point outing at Nebraska.
• With a Big Ten career-high 37 points vs. Illinois, Banham became the 21st Gopher in program history to notch 1,000 career points.
• The guard has also made 19-straight free throws dating back to the Gophers' victory vs. Ohio State on Jan. 10.
• In all games played, freshman Shayne Mullaney is averaging 3.4 assists per game, which ranks 11th in conference standings and first among the league's freshmen.
• Mullaney also ranks fourth in the Big Ten and 75th nationally in assist turnover ratio. Her 1.7 ratio is the third-highest mark among the nation's rookies this season.
Introducing: Gadiva Hubbard
The Viginia native is feeling at home in the Twin Cities during her first summer on campus.
WNBA Update - July 13
Rachel Banham's season is unfortunately done, but the other three Gophers in the league have been making headlines.
Follow the Gophers to the Bahamas
Fan packages are available for travel to the Junkanoo Jam during Thanksgiving week.