|Minnesota (13-5, 2-2 B1G) vs. Nebraska (12-6, 2-3 B1G)
|Date||Sunday, January 20, 2013|
|Time||5:00 p.m. CT|
|Location||Minneapolis, Minn. / Williams Arena|
|Tickets||MyGopherSports.com - 2 bench seats for $10 in advance|
|Series Record||Series tied, 6-6|
|Last Meeting||February 13, 2012 (MINN, 64-58)|
||BTN (Play-by-Play: Eric Collins / Analyst: Stephanie White)|
|Radio||Learfield/1500 ESPN (Listen Online)|
|(Play-by-Play: Corbu Stathes / Analyst: Lynnette Sjoquist)|
|Live Stats||Click Here|
|Game Notes||Minnesota | Nebraska|
|Season Statistics||Minnesota | Nebraska|
|Social Media||Facebook | @GophersWBB | @PamBorton|
||"Burst the Barn" - If attendance reaches 5,000, Coach Borton will donate $1,000 to five different charities | White Out - Fans encouraged to wear white to the game | Alumni Day | Princeton Community Day|
THE OPENING TIP - QUICK NOTES
• The University of Minnesota women's basketball team is set to host Nebraska at Williams Arena in a 5:00 p.m. contest on Sunday, Jan. 20. The contest will be broadcast live on BTN with Eric Collins and Stephanie White on the call.
• Fans can also listen to the game live on 1500 ESPN Twin Cities (1500 AM) and for free through Stretch Internet on GopherSports.com with Corbu Stathes and Lynnette Sjoquist on the call.
• The Gophers hold a 13-5 overall record and an even 2-2 record in Big Ten Conference play, placing them in a tie for sixth in league standings.
• Nebraska makes the trip to Williams Arena with a 12-6 record on the season and a 2-3 record in Big Ten Conference action, which puts them eighth in league standings.
• Minnesota and Nebraska will be meeting on the hardwood for the (lucky) 13th time, with the all-time series tied at 6-6.
• The Gophers have never lost a contest to Nebraska in Minneapolis, holding a perfect 4-0 record.
• Ten of Minnesota's 13 victories this season have come at the friendly confines of Williams Arena, as the Gophers are 10-1 on their home court.
• With 951 career points, Rachel Banham needs just 49 more points to become the 21st Gopher in program history to notch 1,000 career points.
• The sophomore is the Big Ten's second-leading scorer with a 20.6 points per game average, trailing Ohio State's Tayler Hill by just 0.3 points per game. She also ranks 15th nationally in points per game and seventh in free throw percentage.
• Minnesota boasts an impressive .451 field goal percentage, which is the 18th-best mark nationally and is the fourth-highest percentage in the Big Ten behind Ohio State (.472), Michigan (.465) and Purdue (.456).
• In all games played, Shayne Mullaney is averaging 3.2 assists per game, which ranks 13th in conference standings and first among the league's freshmen.
• Micaëlla Riché has secured career highs in points ( 232), games started (18), field goals (91), field goal attempts (163), free throws (50), free throw attempts (81), defensive rebounds (95), assists (12) and blocks (14) this season.
Introducing: Taiye Bello
The freshman from Michigan has enjoyed her summer in another of the Great Lakes states.
Introducing: Gadiva Hubbard
The Viginia native is feeling at home in the Twin Cities during her first summer on campus.
WNBA Update - July 13
Rachel Banham's season is unfortunately done, but the other three Gophers in the league have been making headlines.