|Minnesota (12-5, 1-2) at Nebraska (12-3, 2-1)|
|Date / Time||Thursday, January 16 | 8 p.m.|
|Location||Pinnacle Bank Arena | Lincoln, Neb.|
|Live Stats||Click Here|
|Official Sites||Minnesota | Nebraska|
|Social Media||@GophersWBB | Facebook|
Jan. 15, 2014
THE OPENING TIP - QUICK NOTES
• The University of Minnesota women's basketball team is set to play its first of two-straight road games Thursday when it travels to Lincoln, Neb., to face No. 18/16 Nebraska at the new Pinnacle Bank Arena at 8:00 p.m.
• The contest will be broadcast live on BTN with Mike Couzens and Mary Murphy on the call, while fans can also listen to the Gopher radio team of Corbu Stathes and Lynnette Sjoquist on KBEM Jazz 88.5 FM.
• In addition, live stats can be found on Gophersports.com and live updates will be available on twitter at @GophersWBB.
• The Golden Gophers enter the contest with an 12-5 record on the season and a 1-2 Big Ten record, while the Cornhuskers boast a 12-3 overall mark and a 2-1 league record.
• Thursday will mark the 15th meeting between the Gophers and the Huskers, with Nebraska leading the all-time series, 8-6. Minnesota's last win over Nebraska came on Feb. 13, 2012 at Williams Arena, while its last road win vs. the Huskers came on Dec. 5, 2006.
• Minnesota picked up its first Big Ten win of the season Sunday, defeating Northwestern, 94-59, at Williams Arena. It was the first 90-point Big Ten performance for the Gophers since a 90-75 win vs. Purdue on Jan. 19, 2003.
• For the second time this season, junior Rachel Banham was named to the Big Ten Player of the Week Honor Roll after averaging 30.0 points, 5.0 rebounds and 5.0 assists per game at Iowa and vs. Northwestern.
• Rachel Banham ranks second among active NCAA Division I players with a .861 career free throw percentage. She also ranks fifth in career scoring average, 10th in three-point field goal percentage, 23rd in career points, 27th in field goals, 28th in field goal attempts and 48th in free throws.
• Amanda Zahui B. currently ranks fifth on the Gophers' single-season record chart and leads the Big Ten with 52 blocks on the year. She needs 14 more to break the record of 65 blocks in a season held by Janel McCarville and 10 more to move into the top-10 on Minnesota's career record chart.
• In her past two outings, senior Sari Noga averaged 16.0 points and tallied nine three-point field goals. For her career, nearly 70 percent of all Noga's points have come from beyond the arch.
• Pam Borton enters Thursday's road contest just five wins away from reaching 300 victories for her career. She would become the eighth active Big Ten head coach to reach the 300 career-win milestone.
• The Gophers continue to be successful from three-point range this season, as the squad leads the nation with a .434 three-point field goal percentage. Minnesota has connected on 98 of its 226 attempts. Vanderbilt ranks second with a .416 average.
Single Games, Pick-Your-Packs on Sale Oct. 18
A Gopher Score presale for single-game tickets and pick-your-packs will open Oct. 17. Sales open at 9 a.m. both days.
B1G Announces Media Week, Tournament Tickets
Big Ten Tournament tickets will be available starting Oct. 21, and Big Ten Women's Basketball Week starts Oct. 23.
Whalen Inducted into M Club Hall of Fame
The week after winning her fourth WNBA title, the former Gophers guard was honored by her alma mater.