March 8, 2014
SEATTLE – The 42nd-ranked Minnesota men’s tennis team fell to .500 on the season Friday with a 5-2 loss at the hands of Washington Friday night at the Nordstrom Tennis Center in Seattle, Wash. The Gophers won the doubles point before succumbing to the Huskies in five of six singles matches.
UW gained an advantage in doubles with an 8-5 win by Jeff Hawke and Wendell over Juan Pablo Ramierz and Franz Sydow. The 22nd-ranked combination of Jack Hamburg and Mathieu Froment got the Gophers back on track with their ninth-straight win at No. 1, an 8-4 decision.
All of the singles matches finished in straight sets.
Viktor Farkas, Egger, Gal Hakak, and Hawke all won in singles for the Huskies to clinch the match. Daffra Sanon added a fifth win before 84th-ranked Toledo gave the Gophers their only singles win at No. 1.
Egger’s win over Hamburg snapped a seven-match win steak for the junior South Dakota native.
The Gophers resume action Sunday at 1 p.m. CT against No. 20 Boise State. They then travel to Florida Gulf Coast March 18.
Washington 5, No. 42 Minnesota 2
March 7, 2014
Nordstrom Tennis Center | Seattle, Wash.
1. No.84 Leandro Toledo (MINN) def. Max Manthou (WASH) 7-6, 6-4
2. Gal Hakak (WASH) def. Ruben Weber (MINN), 6-4, 6-2
3. Emmett Egger (WASH) def. Jack Hamburg (MINN), 6-3, 6-4
4. Jeff Hawke (WASH) def. Pepe Froment (MINN), 6-3, 6-2
5. Viktor Farkas (WASH) def. Jeremy Lynn (MINN), 6-1, 6-0
6. Daffra Sanon (WASH) def. Franz Sydow (MINN), 6-4, 6-3
Order of Finish: 5, 3, 2, 4, 6, 1
1. No. 22 Jack Hamburg/Mathieu Froment (MINN) def. Viktor Farkas/Max Manthou (WASH) 8-4
2. Leandro Toledo/Eric Frueh (MINN) def. Michael Chamerski/Emmett Egger (WASH) 8-7
3. Jeff Hawke/Wendell Watanabe (WASH) def. Juan Pablo Ramierz/Franz Sydow (MINN), 8-5
Order of Finish: 3, 1, 2
UCF Snaps Gophers' Winning Streak at Six
3/14/2018 - M. Tennis
The Gophers saw their six-dual winning streak snapped as the team fell 4-2 against UCF at on Wednesday evening.
Gophers Return to the Court Wednesday vs UCF
3/12/2018 - M. Tennis
The Gopher Men’s Tennis Team will return to competition Wednesday after a well-earned 10-day break as the team faces off with UCF on Wednesday.
Lobak Steps In and Steps Up In Rookie Season
3/8/2018 - M. Tennis
Freshman Vlad Lobak had yet to appear in a doubles match for the Gopher Men’s Tennis team during the spring season, but when his number was called, he answered.