HANOVER, N.H. – The Gopher Men’s Tennis program tried to battle back from an early deficit but could not overcome Dartmouth on Friday afternoon, falling 5-2 in the first of two duals on the weekend at Boss Tennis Center.
After dropping the doubles point for just the second time this season, Minnesota (2-3) got victories from Felix Corwin at no. 1 singles, 6-4, 4-6, 6-3 over Charlie Broom, and from Eli Ogilvy at no. 4 singles, 6-4, 6-2 over Max Fliegner.
Corwin and Matic Spec saw their first defeat of the season at no. 1 doubles, falling to no. 19 David Horneffer and Broom, 6-3.
Minnesota returns to the courts at the Boss Center Saturday to take on Rice.
1. Felix Corwin (MINN) def. Charlie Broom (DART) 6-4, 4-6, 6-3
2. Dan Martin (DART) def. #34 Stefan Milicevic (MINN) 6-2, 4-6, 7-6
3. David Horneffer (DART) def. Matic Spec (MINN) 7-6, 6-2
4. Eli Ogilvy (MINN) def. Max Fliegner (DART) 6-4, 6-2
5. Ciro Riccardi (DART) def. Josip Krstanovic (MINN) 7-6, 6-2
6. Peter Conklin (DART) def. Marino Alpeza (MINN) 6-1, 7-5
1. #19 David Horneffer/Charlie Broom (DART) def. #26 Felix Corwin/Matic Spec (MINN) 6-3
2. Roko Glasnovic/Casey Ross (DART) def. Justyn Levin/Josip Krstanovic (MINN) 6-2
3. Peter Conklin/Max Fliegner (DART) vs. Marino Alpeza/Stefan Milicevic (MINN) 4-4, unfinished
Order of Finish
Doubles (2,1); Singles (6,4,3,5,1,2)
Stay up to date with all Gopher Men's Tennis news by following the Gophers on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram via the links provided, or get all Minnesota Golden Gopher athletics news and highlights, including exclusive behind-the-scenes content and special ticket offers and promotions delivered straight to your inbox by signing up today!
Gophers Open Big Ten Season With 5-2 Win Over Badgers
2/17/2018 - M. Tennis
Minnesota Men's Tennis program defeated rival Wisconsin 5-2 at home to open up the Big Ten season.
B1G Border Battle at Baseline Saturday
2/14/2018 - M. Tennis
The Gopher Men’s Tennis team will open its 2018 Big Ten campaign with the annual ‘Border Battle’ against rival Wisconsin.
Gophers Bounce Back to Defeat Rice
2/10/2018 - M. Tennis
The Gopher Men's Tennis program bounced back with a victory over Rice on Saturday, defeating the Owls 6-1.