2002 NCAA Champions
Row 1 (L-R) - Adam Hauser, Nick Angell, John Pohl, Jordan Leopold, Head Coach Don Lucia, Grant Potulny, Erik Wendell, Pat O' Leary, Justin Johnson.
Row 2 (L-R) - Dr. Richard Feist, Dr. Robert LaPrade, Athletic Trainer Tom Kiff, Goalie Coach Robb Stauber, Program Associate Mark Bahr, Asst. Coach Mike Guentzel, Asst. Coach Bob Motzko, Strength Coach Cal Dietz, Asst. Strength Coach Neil Rampe, Equipment Manager Harry Broadfoot, Media Relations John Romo, Student Manager Joel Gardner, Travis Weber.
Row 3 (L-R) - Brett MacKinnon, Garrett Smaagaard, Jon Waibel, Matt Koalska, Dan Welch, Troy Riddle, Nick Anthony, Chad Roberg, Keith Ballard, Jake Fleming.
Row 4 (L-R) - Mike Erickson, Paul Martin, Matt DeMarchi, Jeff Taffe, Barry Tallackson, Joey Martin, Judd Stevens, Jerrid Reinholz.
- The Golden Gophers went the entire season without suffering consecutive losses.
- Senior captains Jordan Leopold and John Pohl were named first-team All-Americans. Leopold became Minnesota' s fourth Hobey Baker Award winner.
- Pohl led the nation in scoring with 27 goals and 52 assists. Pohl and junior Jeff Taffe led the country with 14 power-play goals apiece.
- Leopold broke the single-season school record for goals by a defenseman with 20.
- Senior Adam Hauser became the WCHA' s all-time leader with 83 career wins and 151 games played.
- The 19,324 people that attended the NCAA Championship game was the largest crowd to ever witness a hockey game in the state of Minnesota.