Row 1 (L-R) - Steve Janaszak, Rob McClanahan, Joe Baker, Phil Verchota, Head Coach Herb Brooks, Captain Bill Baker, Athletic Director Paul Giel, Steve Christoff, Eric Strobel, Don Micheletti, Jim Jetland.
Row 2 (L-R) - Dave Terwilliger, Mike Greeder, Jeff Teal, Student Trainer Jim Mulcahy, Trainer Mike Bell, Asst. Coach Brad Buetow, Asst. Coach John Perpich, Asst. Coach Mike Foley, Student Manager Steve Tollund, Student Manager Fred Field, Mike Ramsey, Brad Doshan, Tim Harrer.
Row 3 (L-R) - Steve Ulseth, Neal Broten, Kevin Hartzell, Brian Zins, Jay Larson, Bob Bergloff, Steve Pepper, Peter Hayek, John Meredith, Wayne Larson, Bart Larson.
- The Golden Gophers were 18-3-1 in all games at Mariucci Arena.
- Team captain Bill Baker was named an All-American after scoring a then single-season record of 54 points by a defenseman. (That record was broken in 1995-96 by Mike Crowley.)
- Junior wings Steve Christoff led the team with 38 goals while Don Micheletti added 36.
- The Golden Gophers won 11 of 12 games from Nov. 24 through Jan. 6.
- Junior wing Tim Harrer led the team in power-play (13) and game-winning goals (7).
Rinkside: Brodzinski Thrives in New Role
The Minnesota junior leads all Big Ten defensemen with eight points this season.
Minnesota Hosts Huskies This Weekend
Minnesota opens the series on Friday, Nov. 27 and concludes the two-game meeting on Sunday, Nov. 29.
Goligoski Skates in 500th NHL Game
The Grand Rapids, Minn., native is the 21st University of Minnesota alum to reach 500 games in the NHL.