1979 NCAA Champions
Row 1 (L-R) - Steve Janaszak, Rob McClanahan, Joe Baker, Phil Verchota, Head Coach Herb Brooks, Captain Bill Baker, Athletic Director Paul Giel, Steve Christoff, Eric Strobel, Don Micheletti, Jim Jetland.
Row 2 (L-R) - Dave Terwilliger, Mike Greeder, Jeff Teal, Student Trainer Jim Mulcahy, Trainer Mike Bell, Asst. Coach Brad Buetow, Asst. Coach John Perpich, Asst. Coach Mike Foley, Student Manager Steve Tollund, Student Manager Fred Field, Mike Ramsey, Brad Doshan, Tim Harrer.
Row 3 (L-R) - Steve Ulseth, Neal Broten, Kevin Hartzell, Brian Zins, Jay Larson, Bob Bergloff, Steve Pepper, Peter Hayek, John Meredith, Wayne Larson, Bart Larson.
- The Golden Gophers were 18-3-1 in all games at Mariucci Arena.
- Team captain Bill Baker was named an All-American after scoring a then single-season record of 54 points by a defenseman. (That record was broken in 1995-96 by Mike Crowley.)
- Junior wings Steve Christoff led the team with 38 goals while Don Micheletti added 36.
- The Golden Gophers won 11 of 12 games from Nov. 24 through Jan. 6.
- Junior wing Tim Harrer led the team in power-play (13) and game-winning goals (7).
Reedy Goes to San Jose in Fourth Round
A fourth-round selection from Prior Lake, Minn., Reedy is the fifth Gopher Hockey player selected by San Jose.
Sabres Pick Mittelstadt at No. 8
A native of Eden Prairie, Minn., Mittelstadt is the highest Gophers draft pick since 2006 and the 10th Minnesota player selected by the Sabres.
Skjei Named to NHL All-Rookie Team
A native of Lakeville, Minn., Skjei skated in 80 regular-season games for the Rangers in 2016-17 with 39 points (five goals, 34 assists).