Row 1 (L-R) - Steve Janaszak, Rob McClanahan, Joe Baker, Phil Verchota, Head Coach Herb Brooks, Captain Bill Baker, Athletic Director Paul Giel, Steve Christoff, Eric Strobel, Don Micheletti, Jim Jetland.
Row 2 (L-R) - Dave Terwilliger, Mike Greeder, Jeff Teal, Student Trainer Jim Mulcahy, Trainer Mike Bell, Asst. Coach Brad Buetow, Asst. Coach John Perpich, Asst. Coach Mike Foley, Student Manager Steve Tollund, Student Manager Fred Field, Mike Ramsey, Brad Doshan, Tim Harrer.
Row 3 (L-R) - Steve Ulseth, Neal Broten, Kevin Hartzell, Brian Zins, Jay Larson, Bob Bergloff, Steve Pepper, Peter Hayek, John Meredith, Wayne Larson, Bart Larson.
- The Golden Gophers were 18-3-1 in all games at Mariucci Arena.
- Team captain Bill Baker was named an All-American after scoring a then single-season record of 54 points by a defenseman. (That record was broken in 1995-96 by Mike Crowley.)
- Junior wings Steve Christoff led the team with 38 goals while Don Micheletti added 36.
- The Golden Gophers won 11 of 12 games from Nov. 24 through Jan. 6.
- Junior wing Tim Harrer led the team in power-play (13) and game-winning goals (7).
Pride On Ice: Behind the Bench
Get a closer look at the three coaches that lead the team from behind the bench in the latest episode.
Okposo Skates in 500th NHL Game
Kyle Okposo leads the New York Islanders with 42 points and 27 assists in 50 games this year.
Gophers Head to Columbus for B1G Series
Minnesota swept the Buckeyes at Mariucci Arena earlier this year with a pair of overtime wins.