1974 NCAA Champions
Row 1 (L-R) - Equipment Manager Dick Brown, John Matschke, John Perpich, Eric Lockwood, Team Captain Brad Shelstad, Bill Moen, Cal Cossalter, John Harris, Manager Dennis Cossalter.
Row 2 (L-R) - Dr. V. George Nagobads (team doctor), Brad Marrow, John Sheridan, Bruce Carlson, Doug Falls, Dick Spannbauer, Mike Phippen, Robby Harris, Les Auge, Tim Carlson, Athletics Director Paul Giel, Head Coach Herb Brooks.
Row 3 (L-R) - Tom Vannelli, Warren Miller, Tom Dahlheim, Joe Micheletti, Bill "Buzz" Schneider, Mike Polich, Pat Phippen, Manager David Gurovitsch.
- After starting the season 0-4-1, the Golden Gophers promptly put together a nine-game unbeaten streak (8-0-1).
- Minnesota was 13-1-2 in its final 16 home games at Williams Arena.
- Netminder Brad Shelstad, the last Golden Gopher goaltender to captain the team, was named NCAA Championship and team Most Valuable Performer after an outstanding senior season.
- Centers Mike Polich (19-33--52) and John Harris (17-27--44) led the team in scoring. Polich went on to a successful NHL career while Harris later enjoyed success in a different sports venue, winning the 1993 U.S. Amateur Golf Championship.
- Minnesota became the first team with a roster consisting only of Americans to win an NCAA Men's Hockey Championship in 25 years.
TOP PLAYS COUNTDOWN: NUMBER 9
MINNEAPOLIS (GopherSports.com) -- With Gopher Hockey's exhibition game set for Oct. 1, we're counting down to the 2017-18 opener by looking back at some of the top moments from last year'...
Top Plays Countdown: Number 10
With Gopher Hockey's exhibition game set for Oct. 1, we're counting down to the 2017-18 opener by looking back at some of the top moments from last year's campaign.
Exhibition Game Time Set
Puck drop for Gopher Hockey’s exhibition contest against Alberta on Sunday, Oct. 1 has been set for 5:00 p.m. CT at 3M Arena at Mariucci.