Row 1 (L-R) - Equipment Manager Dick Brown, John Matschke, John Perpich, Eric Lockwood, Team Captain Brad Shelstad, Bill Moen, Cal Cossalter, John Harris, Manager Dennis Cossalter.
Row 2 (L-R) - Dr. V. George Nagobads (team doctor), Brad Marrow, John Sheridan, Bruce Carlson, Doug Falls, Dick Spannbauer, Mike Phippen, Robby Harris, Les Auge, Tim Carlson, Athletics Director Paul Giel, Head Coach Herb Brooks.
Row 3 (L-R) - Tom Vannelli, Warren Miller, Tom Dahlheim, Joe Micheletti, Bill "Buzz" Schneider, Mike Polich, Pat Phippen, Manager David Gurovitsch.
- After starting the season 0-4-1, the Golden Gophers promptly put together a nine-game unbeaten streak (8-0-1).
- Minnesota was 13-1-2 in its final 16 home games at Williams Arena.
- Netminder Brad Shelstad, the last Golden Gopher goaltender to captain the team, was named NCAA Championship and team Most Valuable Performer after an outstanding senior season.
- Centers Mike Polich (19-33--52) and John Harris (17-27--44) led the team in scoring. Polich went on to a successful NHL career while Harris later enjoyed success in a different sports venue, winning the 1993 U.S. Amateur Golf Championship.
- Minnesota became the first team with a roster consisting only of Americans to win an NCAA Men's Hockey Championship in 25 years.
Kloos Puts Gophers Back in B1G Driver's Seat
The Gophers line of Rem Pitlick, Justin Kloos and Tyler Sheehy combined for six points (two goals, four assists) with each forward notching a multi-point game for the Maroon & Gold.
#VoteGophers for Hobey Baker
The 2017 Hobey Baker Award winner will be announced from a field of three Hobey Hat Trick finalists on Friday, April 7, 2017 during the NCAA Frozen Four Championships in Chicago, IL.
Lettieri Scores Twice in `U' Loss
The Maroon & Gold close out the Border Battle on Saturday at 7 p.m. contest against Wisconsin at Mariucci Arena (FOX Sports North PLUS, 1500 ESPN).