Row 1 (L-R) - Equipment Manager Dick Brown, John Matschke, John Perpich, Eric Lockwood, Team Captain Brad Shelstad, Bill Moen, Cal Cossalter, John Harris, Manager Dennis Cossalter.
Row 2 (L-R) - Dr. V. George Nagobads (team doctor), Brad Marrow, John Sheridan, Bruce Carlson, Doug Falls, Dick Spannbauer, Mike Phippen, Robby Harris, Les Auge, Tim Carlson, Athletics Director Paul Giel, Head Coach Herb Brooks.
Row 3 (L-R) - Tom Vannelli, Warren Miller, Tom Dahlheim, Joe Micheletti, Bill "Buzz" Schneider, Mike Polich, Pat Phippen, Manager David Gurovitsch.
- After starting the season 0-4-1, the Golden Gophers promptly put together a nine-game unbeaten streak (8-0-1).
- Minnesota was 13-1-2 in its final 16 home games at Williams Arena.
- Netminder Brad Shelstad, the last Golden Gopher goaltender to captain the team, was named NCAA Championship and team Most Valuable Performer after an outstanding senior season.
- Centers Mike Polich (19-33--52) and John Harris (17-27--44) led the team in scoring. Polich went on to a successful NHL career while Harris later enjoyed success in a different sports venue, winning the 1993 U.S. Amateur Golf Championship.
- Minnesota became the first team with a roster consisting only of Americans to win an NCAA Men's Hockey Championship in 25 years.
Pick Your Packs Now on Sale
To order Pick Your Packs visit MyGopherSports.com, call 1-800-U-Gopher or stop by the Mariucci Arena Ticket Office.
Remembering Former Gov. Wendell Anderson
Anderson was a Gopher Hockey alum and won a silver medal as a member of the 1956 U.S. Olympic Team.
Ward Joins Sabres Coaching Staff
A defenseman for the Gophers, Ward was a three-year letter winner who played in 70 career games with seven points.