|Minnesota (8-3, 5-3) at Michigan State (10-1, 7-0)|
|Date||Saturday, September 28|
|Time||11 a.m. Central|
|Location||Spartan Stadium (75,005) | East Lansing, Mich.|
|Television||BTN | BTN2Go|
|Radio||KFAN 100.3 FM | Gopher Radio Network|
|Live Blog||Game Day Live|
|Game Notes||Minnesota | Michigan State|
|Social Media||@GopherFootball | Facebook|
Five Things You Need To Know
1. Minnesota completes the regular season with a trip to East Lansing, Mich., for a game against the Michigan State Spartans. The Gophers and Spartans have met 45 times and Michigan State leads the all-time series 28-17 (includes 17 straight wins from 1977-1997). However, in the last 11 contests from 1998-2012, the Gophers have had the advantage, winning six of the games. Minnesota is 6-15 all-time on the road against Michigan State, posting wins in 2006, 2002, 1976, 1969, 1968 and 1962. The Spartans have won the last three overall games (2010-2012) between the two schools and the last two in East Lansing (2010 and 2011).
2. The Gophers will face the No. 11 (AP poll) Spartans to close out the regular season on Saturday. Michigan State will be the fourth ranked team that Minnesota will face this year. The Maroon and Gold beat No. 25 Nebraska, but fell to No. 16 Wisconsin and No. 19 Michigan. At No. 11, Michigan State will be the highest ranked team that Minnesota will face since it lost at home to No. 10 Ohio State on Oct. 30, 2010. The Gophers’ last win against a team ranked No. 11 or better was a 42-35 double-overtime home triumph against Purdue on Sept. 24, 2005. Minnesota’s last road win against a team ranked No. 11 or better was a 29-17 upset at No. 6 Ohio State on Oct. 14, 2000. The win at Ohio State was also Minnesota’s last road win against a ranked team (Gophers have lost 18 straight road games against a ranked team since).
3. The Gophers enter Saturday with an 8-3 record. This year is the first time since 2003 (team went 10-3 that year) that Minnesota has won at least eight games in one season. At 8-3, Minnesota has its best record after 11 games since it was 9-2 in 2003. This year also marks the seventh season since 1960 and 18th time overall that Minnesota has won at least eight games. The Gophers won 10 games in 2003 and won eight games in 2002, 1999, 1967, 1961, 1960. Minnesota also won at least eight games in 1941, 1940, 1935, 1934, 1905, 1904, 1903, 1902, 1901, 1900 and 1896. The Gophers have won nine games in the same season only seven times (2003, 1905, 1904, 1903, 1902, 1901 and 1900).
4. Minnesota has played 24 games since the start of the 2012 season. In those 24 games, the Gophers are 14-10 overall. Minnesota was 6-18 in its previous 24 games from Sept. 2, 2010 to Nov. 26, 2011.
5. Through 11 games, Minnesota has scored a total of 314 points. It is the most points that Minnesota has scored since 2007 (315 points in 12 games). On defense, the Gophers have allowed 254 points. Minnesota, who plays two more games this year (at Michigan State on Saturday and a to-be-announced bowl game) last went an entire season not allowing 300 points in 2004 when it allowed 273 points in 12 games. The Gophers scored 221 points in Kill’s first year and 287 in his second. They allowed 380 in his first year and 321 in his second.
You can read Minnesota's complete game notes here.
Elite Access: P.J. Fleck on Gopher Road Trip
Check out some of the best moments from Coach P.J. Fleck as he toured Minnesota with the Gopher Road Trip!
Athlon Recognizes Eight Gophers
Annual magazine prediction tabs eight Gophers as All-Big Ten players. Carpenter named first team, while Richardson, Santoso and Smith receive second-team honors.
Elite Access: Gophers Visit Children's Hospital
Members of the Gopher Football team and head coach P.J. Fleck visit with patients at the University of Minnesota Masonic Children's Hospital in May 2017.