|Wisconsin (8-2, 5-1) at Minnesota (8-2, 4-2)|
|Date||Saturday, November 23|
|Time||2:30 p.m. Central|
|Tickets||Game Day Central|
|Location||TCF Bank Stadium (50,805)|
|Parking||Game Day Central|
|Radio||KFAN 100.3 FM / Gopher Radio Network|
|Live Blog||Game Day Live|
|Game Notes||Minnesota | Wisconsin|
|Social Media||@GopherFootball | Facebook|
Five Things You Need To Know
1. Minnesota welcomes Wisconsin to TCF Bank Stadium on Saturday as the teams face one another for Paul Bunyan's Axe. The teams have met 122 times (most played rivalry in the FBS) and Minnesota leads the all-time series 58-56-8. Wisconsin has beaten Minnesota nine straight times entering Saturday, which includes a 38-13 win in Madison, Wis., last year. The Gophers last beat the Badgers in 2003 when they won 37-34 at home.
2. On Saturday, 19 Minnesota student-athletes will partake in their final home game at TCF Bank Stadium when the Gophers host the Badgers. Prior to the contest, Minnesota will honor Moses Alipate, Jeremy Baltazar, Derrick Engel, Jake Filkins, James Gillum, Ra'Shede Hageman, Chris Hawthorne, Mike Henry, Aaron Hill, Roland Johnson, Victor Keise, James Manuel, Zach Mottla, Sahr Ngekia, Ed Olson, Dan Orseske, Martez Shabazz and Brock Vereen. The Gophers will also honor Connor Cosgrove, as he was a member of the outgoing class before he was diagnosed with leukemia in 2010. Cosgrove, who has donated numerous hours to charitable organizations since his diagnosis, will be back with the Gophers next year as well.
3. The Gophers enter Saturday with an 8-2 record. This year is the first time since 2003 (team went 10-3 that year) that Minnesota has won at least eight games in one season. The Gophers were also 8-2 in 2003, which is the last time that Minnesota won eight of its first 10 games. This year also marks the seventh season since 1960 and 18th time overall that Minnesota has won at least eight games. The Gophers won 10 games in 2003 and won eight games in 2002, 1999, 1967, 1961, 1960. Minnesota also won at least eight games in 1941, 1940, 1935, 1934, 1905, 1904, 1903, 1902, 1901, 1900 and 1896. The Gophers have won nine games in the same season only seven times (2003, 1905, 1904, 1903, 1902, 1901 and 1900).
4. Prior to their current four-game Big Ten win streak, the Gophers' last such streak came in 1973 when they won at Northwestern, against Purdue, at Illinois and against Wisconsin. The Gophers' most recent five-game conference win streak in the same season came in 1962 when they beat Illinois, Michigan, Michigan State, Iowa and Purdue. Minnesota also won five straight league games spanning the 1969 and 1970 season. Minnesota ended 1969 Big Ten play with wins against Iowa, Northwestern, Michigan State and Wisconsin before shutting out Indiana to begin league play in 1970. The Gophers, who are 4-2 in the Big Ten, last won five league games in 2003 (finished 5-3 in B1G and 10-3 overall).
5. Minnesota has played 23 games since the start of the 2012 season. In those 23 games, the Gophers are 14-9 overall. Minnesota was 5-18 in its previous 23 games from Sept. 11, 2010 to Nov. 26, 2011.
You can read Minnesota's complete game notes here.
Gophers Beat Rutgers 34-32 on Homecoming
Emmit Carpenter kicked a 28 yard field goal with six seconds to play as Minnesota beat Rutgers, 34-32, on Homecoming at TCF Bank Stadium.
Gopher Football's Most Interesting Man
Trying to capture Drew Wolitarsky in only 800 words is comparable to defensive backs trying to cover him across the middle of the field.
More Than 18 Wheels
On Oct. 4, 1986 the Gophers traveled to West Lafayette, Ind., and rolled to a 36-9 victory over Purdue. That win had more importance on the history of Minnesota football than any fan...