Nov. 7, 2013
The University of Minnesota will host its first-ever "Military Appreciation Game" on Nov. 9 when the Gophers take on Penn State at TCF Bank Stadium. Festivities will include:
- Pre-game flyover from a WWII-era fighter plane
- Recognition of Minnesota military members, veterans and their families
- Video messages from active military members overseas
- University of Minnesota ROTC will participate in the pre-game Tunnel Team
- Military members will do push-ups with Goldy each time the Gophers score
- The U of M Marching Band's halftime show will be military-themed and include fight songs for each military branch
- The team will be led out of the tunnel by a member of the military
- The Gophers' helmets will feature a red, white and blue Block M decal
- A photo montage of military members who are Gopher fans will be played during the game
- The first 40,000 fans at the game will receive mini American flags to wave the Gophers on to victory!
Tickets for Saturday's first-ever Military Appreciation game are still available and start at just $20! To purchase, visit www.MyGopherSports.com.
Pro Football Hall of Fame: Leo Nomellini
Leading up to Tony Dungy’s induction, we will take a look back at the former Gophers who have been inducted into the Hall of Fame. Today, we look at Leo Nomellini.
What They're Saying: July 28, 2016
The 2016 Big Ten football media days are over. What did you miss? A lot. But don't worry, we have a roundup to help you prepare for upcoming fall camp.
Gophers Tackle B1G Media Days
The Gophers open fall camp on Friday, Aug. 5, but first there is the annual Big Ten media days and luncheon in Chicago.