Nov. 7, 2013
The University of Minnesota will host its first-ever "Military Appreciation Game" on Nov. 9 when the Gophers take on Penn State at TCF Bank Stadium. Festivities will include:
- Pre-game flyover from a WWII-era fighter plane
- Recognition of Minnesota military members, veterans and their families
- Video messages from active military members overseas
- University of Minnesota ROTC will participate in the pre-game Tunnel Team
- Military members will do push-ups with Goldy each time the Gophers score
- The U of M Marching Band's halftime show will be military-themed and include fight songs for each military branch
- The team will be led out of the tunnel by a member of the military
- The Gophers' helmets will feature a red, white and blue Block M decal
- A photo montage of military members who are Gopher fans will be played during the game
- The first 40,000 fans at the game will receive mini American flags to wave the Gophers on to victory!
Tickets for Saturday's first-ever Military Appreciation game are still available and start at just $20! To purchase, visit www.MyGopherSports.com.
Gopher Football's Most Interesting Man
Trying to capture Drew Wolitarsky in only 800 words is comparable to defensive backs trying to cover him across the middle of the field.
More Than 18 Wheels
On Oct. 4, 1986 the Gophers traveled to West Lafayette, Ind., and rolled to a 36-9 victory over Purdue. That win had more importance on the history of Minnesota football than any fan...
Gopher Talk With Adekunle Ayinde
Adekunle Ayinde tell us his hidden talent, talks favorite road trip he has ever been on with the team and more in today's Gopher Talk!