Nov. 7, 2013
The University of Minnesota will host its first-ever "Military Appreciation Game" on Nov. 9 when the Gophers take on Penn State at TCF Bank Stadium. Festivities will include:
- Pre-game flyover from a WWII-era fighter plane
- Recognition of Minnesota military members, veterans and their families
- Video messages from active military members overseas
- University of Minnesota ROTC will participate in the pre-game Tunnel Team
- Military members will do push-ups with Goldy each time the Gophers score
- The U of M Marching Band's halftime show will be military-themed and include fight songs for each military branch
- The team will be led out of the tunnel by a member of the military
- The Gophers' helmets will feature a red, white and blue Block M decal
- A photo montage of military members who are Gopher fans will be played during the game
- The first 40,000 fans at the game will receive mini American flags to wave the Gophers on to victory!
Tickets for Saturday's first-ever Military Appreciation game are still available and start at just $20! To purchase, visit www.MyGopherSports.com.
Cinematic Highlights: Gophers-Blue Raiders
Get a fresh look at Minnesota's 34-3 win over Middle Tennessee on Sept. 16 with all-new camera angles & much more!
Jacob Huff Named B1G Player Of The Week
Minnesota safety Jacob Huff was named Big Ten Defensive Player of the Week today. Huff made four tackles and returned an interception 67 yards for a touchdown against Middle Tennessee.
Gophers Beat Blue Raiders 34-3
The Golden Gophers improved to 3-0 on the season with a 34-3 win against Middle Tennessee on Saturday afternoon at TCF Bank Stadium.