Nov. 7, 2013
The University of Minnesota will host its first-ever "Military Appreciation Game" on Nov. 9 when the Gophers take on Penn State at TCF Bank Stadium. Festivities will include:
- Pre-game flyover from a WWII-era fighter plane
- Recognition of Minnesota military members, veterans and their families
- Video messages from active military members overseas
- University of Minnesota ROTC will participate in the pre-game Tunnel Team
- Military members will do push-ups with Goldy each time the Gophers score
- The U of M Marching Band's halftime show will be military-themed and include fight songs for each military branch
- The team will be led out of the tunnel by a member of the military
- The Gophers' helmets will feature a red, white and blue Block M decal
- A photo montage of military members who are Gopher fans will be played during the game
- The first 40,000 fans at the game will receive mini American flags to wave the Gophers on to victory!
Tickets for Saturday's first-ever Military Appreciation game are still available and start at just $20! To purchase, visit www.MyGopherSports.com.
Celestin, Lingen, Smith Named 2017 Captains
Tight end Brandon Lingen, linebacker Jonathan Celestin and running back Rodney Smith with captain the Gophers in 2017.
Four Gophers On Offense Honored By B1G
Four student-athletes from the Minnesota football program on offense were recognized by the coaches and media of the Big Ten Conference on Wednesday.
Seven Gophers Honored By B1G
Seven student-athletes from the Minnesota football program on defense and special teams were recognized by the coaches and media of the Big Ten Conference on Monday.