Nov. 7, 2013
The University of Minnesota will host its first-ever "Military Appreciation Game" on Nov. 9 when the Gophers take on Penn State at TCF Bank Stadium. Festivities will include:
- Pre-game flyover from a WWII-era fighter plane
- Recognition of Minnesota military members, veterans and their families
- Video messages from active military members overseas
- University of Minnesota ROTC will participate in the pre-game Tunnel Team
- Military members will do push-ups with Goldy each time the Gophers score
- The U of M Marching Band's halftime show will be military-themed and include fight songs for each military branch
- The team will be led out of the tunnel by a member of the military
- The Gophers' helmets will feature a red, white and blue Block M decal
- A photo montage of military members who are Gopher fans will be played during the game
- The first 40,000 fans at the game will receive mini American flags to wave the Gophers on to victory!
Tickets for Saturday's first-ever Military Appreciation game are still available and start at just $20! To purchase, visit www.MyGopherSports.com.
Five Gophers on Senior Bowl Watch List
Seniors Mitch Leidner, Jack Lynn, Jalen Myrick, Jonah Pirsig and Damarius Travis are the Maroon and Gold representatives on the watch list.
Player Profile: Damarius Travis
From the outside view the Gophers secondary may look like it needs a complete rehaul after having two players in Briean Boddy-Calhoun and Eric Murray go to the NFL. That is not the case.
Sunday Night Overtime With Coach Claeys Began Aug. 21
Sunday Night Overtime With Coach Claeys will originate from the Gophers’ locker room at TCF Bank Stadium and will be streamed using Facebook Live.