Nov. 7, 2013
The University of Minnesota will host its first-ever "Military Appreciation Game" on Nov. 9 when the Gophers take on Penn State at TCF Bank Stadium. Festivities will include:
- Pre-game flyover from a WWII-era fighter plane
- Recognition of Minnesota military members, veterans and their families
- Video messages from active military members overseas
- University of Minnesota ROTC will participate in the pre-game Tunnel Team
- Military members will do push-ups with Goldy each time the Gophers score
- The U of M Marching Band's halftime show will be military-themed and include fight songs for each military branch
- The team will be led out of the tunnel by a member of the military
- The Gophers' helmets will feature a red, white and blue Block M decal
- A photo montage of military members who are Gopher fans will be played during the game
- The first 40,000 fans at the game will receive mini American flags to wave the Gophers on to victory!
Tickets for Saturday's first-ever Military Appreciation game are still available and start at just $20! To purchase, visit www.MyGopherSports.com.
Fleck Announces Coaching Staff
Football coach P.J. Fleck announced today the hiring of nine assistant coaches and four staff members.
Register Now For Feb. 1 Signing Day Social
Minnesota will host its 2017 Signing Day Social – the first under head coach P.J. Fleck – on Feb. 1 in the DQ Club Room at TCF Bank Stadium.
Murray Named All-Pro By Pro Football Focus
Eric Murray was recently named to the Pro Football Focus All-Pro team. Murray was the lone "Special Teamer" recognized by Pro Football Focus.