Nov. 7, 2013
The University of Minnesota will host its first-ever "Military Appreciation Game" on Nov. 9 when the Gophers take on Penn State at TCF Bank Stadium. Festivities will include:
- Pre-game flyover from a WWII-era fighter plane
- Recognition of Minnesota military members, veterans and their families
- Video messages from active military members overseas
- University of Minnesota ROTC will participate in the pre-game Tunnel Team
- Military members will do push-ups with Goldy each time the Gophers score
- The U of M Marching Band's halftime show will be military-themed and include fight songs for each military branch
- The team will be led out of the tunnel by a member of the military
- The Gophers' helmets will feature a red, white and blue Block M decal
- A photo montage of military members who are Gopher fans will be played during the game
- The first 40,000 fans at the game will receive mini American flags to wave the Gophers on to victory!
Tickets for Saturday's first-ever Military Appreciation game are still available and start at just $20! To purchase, visit www.MyGopherSports.com.
Gophers Ground Game Gaining Yards
Minnesota running game, which has scored 11 touchdowns, powered by three backs and a healthy quarterback.
Sherels, Murray, Boddy-Calhoun Impact NFL Games
Sherels, Murray, Boddy-Calhoun impact NFL games with big plays. Sherels punt return sparks Minnesota to win, while Boddy-Calhoun returned an interception for a touchdown.
Game 4: Minnesota at Penn State
Minnesota opens Big Ten play at Penn State on Saturday, Oct. 1. The game will be broadcast on the Big Ten Network and can be heard on KFAN.