Nov. 7, 2013
The University of Minnesota will host its first-ever "Military Appreciation Game" on Nov. 9 when the Gophers take on Penn State at TCF Bank Stadium. Festivities will include:
- Pre-game flyover from a WWII-era fighter plane
- Recognition of Minnesota military members, veterans and their families
- Video messages from active military members overseas
- University of Minnesota ROTC will participate in the pre-game Tunnel Team
- Military members will do push-ups with Goldy each time the Gophers score
- The U of M Marching Band's halftime show will be military-themed and include fight songs for each military branch
- The team will be led out of the tunnel by a member of the military
- The Gophers' helmets will feature a red, white and blue Block M decal
- A photo montage of military members who are Gopher fans will be played during the game
- The first 40,000 fans at the game will receive mini American flags to wave the Gophers on to victory!
Tickets for Saturday's first-ever Military Appreciation game are still available and start at just $20! To purchase, visit www.MyGopherSports.com.
Three Gophers Headed To NFL Combine
Linebacker De’Vondre Campbell and defensive backs Briean Boddy-Calhoun and Eric Murray were extended invitations to attend the NFL Combine which is held in Indianapolis from Feb. 23...
Black History Month: Lee Hutton
In honor of Black History Month, Gopher Athletics is celebrating those who made us great. Today we honor Lee Hutton (Football).
Dungy Elected To Pro Football Hall of Fame
Former University of Minnesota quarterback Tony Dungy was elected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame on Saturday night.