|Minnesota vs. Northwestern|
|Date||Saturday, October 13|
|Time||11:01 a.m. CT l Parking Information|
|Tickets||MyGopherSports.com l $20 Gets You In|
|Location||TCF Bank Stadium l Security or Stadium Info Text "GOLD" to 78247|
|Series Record||Minnesota leads 50-32-5|
|Last Meeting||Northwestern 28-13 (Nov. 19, 2011)|
|Radio||100.3 KFAN / Radio Affiliates|
|Free Audio||Click Here|
|Live Stats||Click Here|
|Live Blog||Click Here|
|Game Notes||Minnesota | Northwestern|
|Season Statistics||Minnesota | Northwestern|
|Daily Clips||Oct. 9 | Oct. 10 | Oct. 11 | Oct. 12 l Oct. 13 l Minnesota Depth Chart|
|Social Media||Facebook | @GopherFootball | Kill Talks 'Cats l Wells Q&A|
Five Things You Need To Know
1. Minnesota returns to Big Ten action on Saturday when it hosts Northwestern. The Gophers have dropped two straight overall to the Wildcats and are looking for their first win against Northwestern since a 35-24 road win on Sept. 26, 2009. Minnesota's longest losing streak ever to Northwestern is three games, which has happened twice (1982-84 and 1994-96). The Gophers have also lost two straight to Northwestern at home. Minnesota's last home win against Northwestern was a 43-17 triumph on Sept. 25, 2004. The Gophers lead the overall series 50-32-5.
2. A win Saturday would be the fourth this year for the Gophers at TCF Bank Stadium (team is 3-0 at home this year), which would equal their most homes wins in one season at their new stadium. The Gophers also won four games at TCF Bank Stadium in 2009 (were 4-3 at home), which was the first year of the new facility. Minnesota won one game at TCF Bank Stadium in 2010 and three at home last year. The last time Minnesota won more than four games at home was 2004. That year, the Gophers, who ended the season 7-5 overall, were 5-1 at the Metrodome.
3. Minnesota celebrates homecoming this week when it welcomes Northwestern to TCF Bank Stadium on Saturday. The Wildcats are a familiar homecoming foe for the Gophers, as this will be the 18th time that Minnesota has hosted Northwestern for a homecoming game. The Gophers hold an 8-7-2 record against Northwestern on homecoming. The Gophers have dropped two straight homecoming games, including a 29-28 loss to Northwestern in 2010. Minnesota's last homecoming win was a 35-20 triumph in 2009 against Purdue. The Gophers' last homecoming win against Northwestern was a 45-42 victory in 2002.
4. The Gophers are looking to get back into the win column after suffering their first loss of the season on Sept. 29. A Minnesota win would mark the first time that the Gophers ended a losing streak at only one game since 2009. Following a win against Michigan State, the Gophers lost to Illinois on Nov. 7, 2009, but then won the following week against South Dakota State. That was the last time Minnesota lost only one game between wins.
5. Minnesota scored only 13 points on Sept. 29 in a 31-13 loss at Iowa. It was the 22nd time that a team led by coach Kill scored 13 or fewer points with games remaining on the schedule. Twenty of the previous 21 times, coach Kill's teams bounced back and scored more than 13 points the next game (teams have actually averaged 18 more points the next game after scoring 13 or less). The one game where Minnesota failed to score more than 13 points was last season. The Gophers scored 13 points against Wisconsin and then scored 13 points against Northwestern.
Click on the Game Notes link above for Minnesota's complete game notes.
|Follow Golden Gopher Football:||Follow @GopherFootball|
Cinematic Highlights: Gophers-Blue Raiders
Get a fresh look at Minnesota's 34-3 win over Middle Tennessee on Sept. 16 with all-new camera angles & much more!
Jacob Huff Named B1G Player Of The Week
Minnesota safety Jacob Huff was named Big Ten Defensive Player of the Week today. Huff made four tackles and returned an interception 67 yards for a touchdown against Middle Tennessee.
Gophers Beat Blue Raiders 34-3
The Golden Gophers improved to 3-0 on the season with a 34-3 win against Middle Tennessee on Saturday afternoon at TCF Bank Stadium.