|Minnesota vs. New Hampshire|
|Time||11:00 a.m. CT|
|Location||TCF Bank Stadium|
|Series Record||First meeting|
|Television||Big Ten Network|
|Radio||100.3 KFAN / Radio Affiliates|
|Free Audio:||Click Here|
|Live Stats||Click Here|
|Game Notes||Minnesota | New Hampshire|
|Season Statistics||Minnesota | New Hampshire|
|Daily Clips||Sept. 3 | Sept. 4 | Sept. 5 | Sept. 6 | Sept. 7|
|Social Media||Facebook | @GopherFootball ||
Five Things You Need To Know
1. Minnesota opens its home schedule of the 2012 college football season against the New Hampshire Wildcats. The Gophers, who beat UNLV 30-27 in triple overtime on the road on Aug. 30, have never faced the Wildcats. Prior to last Thursday, the Gophers had never played UNLV either. This is the first time since 2003 that Minnesota is beginning a season playing two opponents it has never played before. The Gophers opened 2003 with home wins against Tulsa (49-10) and Troy State (48-7).
2. Minnesota's 30-27 triple overtime win at UNLV on Aug. 30 was Minnesota third overtime game to start a season in the last six years. The Gophers posted a 23-20 overtime victory at Syracuse to begin 2009, but fell 32-31 at home against Bowling Green in 2007. The last time Minnesota opened the season with two consecutive overtime games was 2007. After losing to Bowling Green to open the season, the Gophers bounced with a 41-35 triple overtime win against Miami (Ohio) in the second week of the season.
3. Senior quarterback MarQueis Gray accounted for 337 yards of total offense (68 rushing, 269 passing) against UNLV. That is the most yards for a Minnesota starting quarterback in the first game of the season since Tim Schade racked up 536 total yards (58 rushing, 478 passing) in a 38-20 season-opening loss at No. 17 Penn State in 1993. Gray's 68 rushing yards were the most in the first game of the season for a Minnesota quarterback since Adam Weber scampered for 72 yards in the 2007 overtime loss to Bowling Green. Gray's 269 passing yards were the most by a Gopher quarterback in the first game of the season since Bryan Cupito tossed for 279 yards in 63-21 win against Toledo in 2004.
4. The Gophers had three interceptions at UNLV on Aug. 30 after having four interceptions all of last season. The last time Minnesota picked off three passes in one game was Sept. 20, 2008 (span of 59 games), when it made four interceptions in a 37-3 win against Florida Atlantic.
5. Minnesota's 30-27 triple overtime win at UNLV on Aug. 30 was the first road win for the Gophers with Jerry Kill as their head coach. Minnesota was 0-5 on the road last year under Kill. It was also the Gophers first road win since a 38-34 victory at Illinois on Nov. 13, 2010.
Click on the Game Notes link above for Minnesota's complete game notes.
2016 NFL Draft Preview: De'Vondre Campbell
De'Vondre Campbell should hear his name called this week at the NFL Draft. The linebacker led the team in sacks with 4.0 and finished third in tackles.
Three Gophers Honored by NFF
Christenson, Mortell, Thomas awarded for outstanding academics by the National Football Foundation
2016 NFL Draft Preview: Eric Murray
Eric Murray made 192 career tackles and 142 of them were solo stops. The former Gopher, who also broke up 24 career passes, is expected to be drafted next week.