|Minnesota (1-0) vs. Middle Tennessee (1-0)|
|Date||Saturday, September 6|
|Time||2:30 p.m. Central|
|Tickets||Game Day Central|
|Location||TCF Bank Stadium|
|Parking||Game Day Central|
|Metro Transit||Get to the Game|
|Television||BTN / BTN2Go|
|Radio||KFAN 100.3 FM / Gopher Radio Network|
|Internet||Listen Live / I Heart Radio App|
|Game Notes||Minnesota | Middle Tennessee|
|Social Media||@GopherFootball | Facebook|
Five Things You Need To Know
1. The Gophers welcome Middle Tennessee to TCF Bank Stadium on Saturday for the second ever meeting between the two schools (Minnesota won 24-17 at Middle Tennessee to open the 2010 season). The Gophers are 18-18 all-time at TCF Bank Stadium. Minnesota opened its new stadium with a 20-13 win against Air Force on Sept. 12, 2009, but then fell to 5-9 at TCF Bank Stadium before Coach Kill was hired. Since then, the Gophers have recorded a 13-9 record and have a chance to get to above .500 on Saturday. The last time Minnesota was above .500 at TCF Bank Stadium was after the 2009 season, as the Gophers ended that year with a 4-3 record at home.
2. In 2013, the Gophers reached eight wins for the first time under Kill and for only the seventh time since 1960 and 18th time overall. Since 2012, Minnesota has played 27 games and is 15-12 in those games. In their previous 27 games, the Gophers were 7-20. Last year, Kill and his staff led Minnesota to four straight Big Ten wins for the first time since 1973 and ended a 16-game losing streak to Nebraska.
3. Mitch Leidner started at quarterback for the Gophers against Eastern Illinois last Thursday and admitted to having some early butterflies. He ended the game 9-of-17 passing for 144 yards and one touchdown. Leidner also rushed seven times for 15 yards and scored twice. Leidner has now played in 11 career games (8-3 record) and started five (4-1 record). He has rushed for nine career touchdowns (needs 14 to get into the top five all-time for QBs) and has passed for 763 career yards and four touchdowns. His nine rushing scores have spanned a total of 30 yards, as he has rushes of 10, 5 (twice), 4, 2 and 1 (four times) yards.
4. Minnesota scored five offensive touchdowns against Eastern Illinois last Thursday and all five were scored by an underclassman. Redshirt sophomore quarterback Mitch Leidner and redshirt freshman running back Berkley Edwards (first freshman running back to score twice in his first game since Darrell Thompson scored four times in his Gopher debut against Bowling Green in 1986) each rushed for two scores, while sophomore receiver Donovahn Jones scored his first career touchdown on a 35-yard pass from Leidner. Edwards and Jones touched the ball a combined nine times and scored three touchdowns.
5. The Gopher defense pitched a shutout against Eastern Illinois for 53:03 before allowing 20 points in the final 6:57 of play. Minnesota is now 15-0 under Coach Kill when leading at halftime (Gophers were up 14-0 after 30 minutes) and 16-1 when leading after the third quarter (were up 21-0).
Black History Month: Ukee Dozier
2/22/2018 - Football
In honor of Black History Month, Gopher Athletics is celebrating those who made us great.
Minnesota Minute: Best NBA 2K Player?
2/21/2018 - Football
We asked the guys who the best NBA 2K player on the team is in honor of NBA All-Star weekend.
Elite Access: New Uniform Reveal
2/21/2018 - Football
Go inside the team meeting where P.J. Fleck revealed Minnesota's NEW 2018 uniforms, with the help of alumni Maxx Williams, MarQueis Gray & Dom Barber!