Nov. 19, 2011
- Minnesota and Northwestern played for the 87th time today.
- With the victory/loss, Minnesota's lead in the all-time series slipped to 50-32-5.
- Minnesota's last victory over Northwestern came here at Ryan Field, 35-24, back in 2009.
- Minnesota fell to 2-9 overall, 1-6 Big Ten, and 0-5 on the road this season with today's loss.
- Minnesota now has 14 sacks for the season, five more than its total of 9 from the 2010 season.
- Minnesota rushed for 269 yards in the game. It was the second time the Gophers have gone over 200 yards on the ground this season. Minnesota ran for 236 yards vs. Miami (Ohio).
- Minnesota out-gained Northwestern 393-368. It was just the second time the Gophers have finished with more total offense than their opponent in 2011.
- Quarterback MarQueis Gray socred on a 5-yard touchdown run in the first quarter, his fourth rushing TD of the season.
- Gray now has 786 yards for the year to rank 2nd on the Gophers' single-season rushing chart for quarterbacks. Billy Cockerham holds the record with 831 in 1999.
- Duane Bennett rushed for 127 yards to give him 2082 for his career. Only 12 Gophers had previously rushed for 2,000 career yards. He becomes the 13th.
- Bennett's 100-yard rushing game is the fifth of his career and his second this season.
- Gray went over 100 yards rushing as well with a total of 147. It was Gray's third 100-yard rushing game this season.
- With Gray and Bennett each reaching the 100-yard mark, it was the first time two Gophers topped the century mark since Alex Daniels and Amir Pinnix did it at Kent State on August 31, 2006.
- Kim Royston made his second career interception in the second quarter. His other INT came at Northwestern back in 2009.
- Royston had 10 tackles midway through the second quarter and finished with a career-best 17.
- It was the seventh time in 11 games this season that Royston has turned in a double-digit effort. He now has 10 career games with 10 or more tackles.
- Mike Rallis also turned in a double-digit day in total tackles with 13. It was his third outing with 10+ this season.
- Rallis' total matched his career-best. He had 13 vs. New Mexico State earlier this season.
- Jordan Wettstein converted a 28-yard field goal in the second quarter.
- Wettstein also hit a career-best 48-yarder in the fourth quarter. He is now 4-4 this season on field goal attempts.
- D.L. Wilhite recorded a sack in the third quarter. It was his third of the season.
First Week in Pads: 2017 Spring Practice Video
Check out some sights from the Gophers' first two spring practices in pads with this video feature, presented by Cub!
Saturdays Are For Tailgating
Gopher Football means a lot to the state of Minnesota. Learn more about the amazing tailgating scene at the U of M through the eyes of these Golden Gopher fans!
Spring Practice: First Week in Pads
Check out some of the best footage from the Gopher Football team's first two practices in pads during 2017 Spring Practice!