Oct. 22, 2011
2011 University of Minnesota Football
No. 13/11/13 Nebraska [6-1, 2-1] 41, Minnesota [1-6, 0-3] 14
Oct. 22, 2011
TCF Bank Stadium
• Today’s game was the 52nd meeting between Minnesota and Nebraska and the first between the two programs since 1990.
• Nebraska now leads the all-time series 30-20 with two ties.
• Today’s loss was the 15th in a row for the Gophers against the Huskers.
• Minnesota’s last win over Nebraska was a 26-14 victory in 1960 in Lincoln. The Gophers last defeated the Huskers in Minneapolis in 1954.
• Dating to 1984, the Huskers reeled off 145 straight points vs. the Gophers prior to MarQueis Gray’s 1-yard, third-quarter touchdown today. Nebraska scored the final TD of the game in the 1984 matchup, defeated Minnesota 48-0 in 1989 and 56-0 in 1990 before taking a 34-0 lead today.
• Despite the Huskers being new to the league, Minnesota has now played Nebraska (52) more times than three other Big Ten members – Ohio State (50), Michigan State (43) and Penn State (12).
• Minnesota fell to 1-6 overall (1-3 at home) and 0-3 Big Ten with today’s loss.
• The Gophers have now started 1-6 in back-to-back seasons and three times in the last five years (2007, 2010, 2011).
• Minnesota has been outscored 144-24 in its three Big Ten games this season, including 103-3 in the first half.
• MarQueis Gray’s 53-yard flea-flicker pass to Da’Jon McKnight was the second longest pass play of the season for the Gophers. McKnight also tied his career long with the reception, set previously vs. Michigan State in 2009.
• The Gray to McKnight pass play went to the Huskers’ 4-yard line and set up the Gophers’ first touchdown of the day three plays later by Gray from 1 yard out.
• Gray’s 1-yard rushing touchdown was the third of his career and ninth overall.
• Keanon Cooper led the Gophers today with a career high 12 tackles.
• Kim Royston recorded 10 tackles in today’s game, which marks his fifth game with double digit tackles this season.
Elite Access: Flecks at the Twins Game
P.J. Fleck threw out the first pitch at the Minnesota Twins vs. Detroit Tigers game on April 23, 2017 at Target Field in Minneapolis!
Kirk Ciarrocca Mic'd Up
New Gopher Football offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach Kirk Ciarrocca is mic'd up at a 2017 Gopher Football spring practice!
Gophers, Cub Announce Content Agreement
Innovative new content sponsorship spurs more inside access into Gopher Football and P.J. Fleck.