|#14/15 Minnesota (8-1, 1-0) at Nebraska (6-3, 0-1)|
|Date / Time||Tuesday, Dec. 5 | 8 p.m.|
|Location||Pinnacle Bank Arena - Lincoln, Neb.|
|TV||Big Ten Network|
|Radio||KTLK 1130 AM / 103.5 FM|
|Live Update||Click Here|
|Game Notes||Minnesota | Nebraska|
|Official Sites||Minnesota | Nebraska|
|Social Media||Twitter | Facebook | Instagram|
Date: Tuesday, December 5, 2017
Time: 8 p.m. CT
Location: Lincoln, Neb.
Arena: Pinnacle Bank Arena (15,500)
TV/Live Video: BTN - Kevin Kugler (Play-by-Play); Shon Morris (Analyst)
Radio: Learfield/KTLK 1130 AM/103.5 FM -
Mike Grimm (Play-by-Play); Spencer Tollackson (Analyst)
Satellite Radio: Sirius 83/XM 83
Series: Minnesota leads, 51-15
Series (Away): Minnesota leads, 15-8
Current Streak: W-1
Richard Pitino vs. Nebraska: 2-3
Minnesota vs. Big Ten: 748-811*
Richard Pitino vs. Big Ten: 31-49
* - excludes vacated games
• The 12th-ranked Minnesota men's basketball team continues Big Ten Conference play on the road Tuesday at Nebraska. The Gophers and Cornhuskers are meeting as part of the adjusted conference schedule this season in which two December games will be played in order to accommodate the one week earlier Big Ten Tournament at Madison Square Garden in New York City.
• On Sunday, the Gophers snapped a four-game losing streak in B1G openers, winning its first since a 76-63 victory against Michigan State on Dec. 31, 2012. Last season, the Gophers dropped a 75-74 overtime decision versus the Spartans, and had previously lost conference-opening tilts at Ohio State, at Purdue during 2014-15, and at home versus Michigan. Since 1980-81, the Gophers are 12-20 in Big Ten openers (excluding vacated seasons).
• Jordan Murphy is leading the team and the Big Ten Conference averaging 21.0 points and 12.9 rebounds per game through the first nine games. Murphy has posted nine double-doubles (highest in the country) thus far this season, and the three-time Big Ten Player of the Week became the first Gopher to win the award in back-to-back weeks. Murphy is also just the second Gopher to win it three times in the same season. He is additionally second in rebounds and offensive rebounds (5.3) per game. His 21.0 points per game ranks 37th, as of Dec. 4.
• Reggie Lynch leads the country with 4.8 blocks per game, and Sunday, Lynch moved past Jeff Hagen (2002-05) and is now tied with Michael Bauer (2000-04) for sixth on the Gophers' all-time blocked shots list with 157.
• Head coach Richard Pitino won his 100th career game on Nov. 25 against Alabama. Pitino is one of five active Division I head coaches who have reached the 100 career victory mark in their sixth season or sooner.
SCOUTING THE CORNHUSKERS
• Nebraska welcomes the Gophers to Lincoln with a 4-0 record at home.
• The Huskers fell to Michigan State, 86-57, on Sunday afternoon in East Lansing, snapping a three-game winning streak.
• James Palmer, Jr., leads a quartet of Nebraska players who average double-figures, scoring 14.3 points per game.
The Murph Factor
12/12/2017 - M. Basketball
A look at how the junior's production through the first 12 games has guided the team this season.
Gophers Outlast Drake, 68-67
12/11/2017 - M. Basketball
Jordan Murphy posted his 12th straight double-double to start the season with 24 points and 18 rebounds, and Minnesota held off Drake 68-67 on Monday night.
Ski-U-Mah Weekly: Episode 14
12/11/2017 - M. Basketball
Former Gopher Basketball player Spencer Tollackson joined Justin Gaard on Ski-U-Mah Weekly Dec. 11 to talk Minnesota Basketball and more!