Nov. 26, 2013
| Minnesota (5-2) vs. Chaminade (2-2)
|Date / Time||Wednesday, November 27 | 1:30 p.m.|
|Location||Lahaina Civic Center|
|Radio||1500 ESPN | Gopher Radio Network|
|Social Media||@GopherBBall | Facebook|
|Game Notes||Minnesota | Chaminade|
Date: Wednesday, November 27, 2013
Time: 1:30 p.m. CT
Location: Maui, Hawaii
Arena: Lahaina Civic Center
Jon Sciambi (Play-by-Play)
Jimmy Dykes (Analyst)
Radio: Learfield/1500 ESPN Twin Cities
Mike Grimm (Play-by-Play)
Spencer Tollackson (Analyst)
Series: 1st meeting
Series (Neutral): 1st meeting
Current Streak: N/A
Last Meeting: N/A
Richard Pitino vs. Chaminade: First meeting
Minnesota vs. PACWest: 2-0
(1-0 vs. BYU-Hawaii; 1-0 vs. Hawaii-Pacific)
Richard Pitino vs. PACWest: 1st meeting
GAME DAY TID-BITS
• The Gophers will be playing Division II Chaminade for the first time. Minnesota has not played a Division II team in the regular season since opening the 2008-09 season with a victory over Concordia-St. Paul. That game was the opening game in of the NABC Classic at Williams Arena.
• The Silverswords are a member of the PACWest Conference. Minnesota heads into the game with a 2-0 all-time record against teams currently in the PACWest - 1-0 vs. BYU-Hawaii and 1-0 vs. Hawaii-Pacific. The BYU-Hawaii game was part of the National Airlines Tournament in Honolulu (1985) while the Hawaii-Pacific matchup was part of the Hawaii Pacific Thanksgiving Classic (2000).
• Senior Malik Smith is enjoying Maui. The Florida International transfer led the Gophers with 16 points off the bench in the opener against Syracuse and followed that up with 15 points against Arkansas. It is his two best games in a Gopher uniform. The Boston, Mass. native made 96 three-pointers last season at FIU and has connected for 15 treys already this season.
• Senior Austin Hollins and junior Andre Hollins are well on their way to becoming the 39th and 40th 1,000-point scorers in the history of Gopher Basketball. Austin has 945 career points while Andre sits with 939 points.
• The Gophers have managed 56 steals through seven games this season, second amongst all Big Ten Conference teams. DeAndre Mathieu leads the team, and is tied for fourth in the B1G with 15 steals while senior Austin Hollins has eight. Austin has 146 career steals which is currently the ninth-most in the history of the Golden Gopher program.
Balanced Effort Leads Gophers Over Penn State
Nate Mason had 16 points, 10 rebounds and eight assists, and Jordan Murphy added 16 points and 16 rebounds for the Minnesota Gophers in an 81-71 win over Penn State on Saturday.
Preview: Gophers vs. Penn State
Minnesota returns home for its final homestand of the year and final game in the month of February.
Traffic Advisory: Busy Weekend on Campus
Fans are advised to plan extra time for travel and parking on campus this Friday and Saturday due to multiple events taking place.