| Minnesota (5-1) vs. Arkansas (3-1)
|Date / Time||Tuesday, November 26 | 1 p.m.|
|Location||Lahaina Civic Center|
|Television||ESPN2 | WatchESPN.com|
|Radio||1500 ESPN | Gopher Radio Network|
|Social Media||@GopherBBall | Facebook|
|Game Notes||Minnesota | Arkansas|
Date: Tuesday, November 26, 2013
Time: 1:00 p.m. CT
Location: Maui, Hawaii
Arena: Lahaina Civic Center
Television: ESPN2 (WatchESPN.com)
Jon Sciambi (Play-by-Play)
Jimmy Dykes (Analyst)
Radio: Learfield/1500 ESPN Twin Cities
Mike Grimm (Play-by-Play)
Spencer Tollackson (Analyst)
Series: 4th meeting (1-2)
Series (Neutral): 2nd meeting (0-1)
Current Streak: L-1
Last Meeting: Nov. 25, 1991 - L, 92-83
Richard Pitino vs. Arkansas: First meeting
Minnesota vs. SEC: 15-13
(0-2 vs. Alabama; 1-2 vs. Arkansas; 1-1 vs. Florida; 3-1 vs. Georgia; 1-3 vs. Kentucky; 2-0 vs. Ole Miss; 2-0 vs. Missouri; 0-2 vs. South Carolina; 0-1 vs. Tennessee; 1-1 vs. Texas A&M; 4-0 vs. Vanderbilt)
Richard Pitino vs. SEC: First meeting
GAME DAY TID-BITS
• The Gophers are 1-2 all-time against Arkansas. The Hogs defeated Minnesota in the opening game of the 1991 Maui Invitational. It was also the opening game of the season for Minnesota. The Gophers went on to win their final two games of the tournament. Minnesota's win in the series came on Dec. 7, 1985 at Williams Arena (71-64).
• This will be the first game for Richard Pitino against Arkansas as the head of a program but Pitino has been on the bench two other times as an assistant at the University of Florida while facing the Hogs - both wins.
• Through six games Andre Hollins is leading the Gophers and is fifth in the Big Ten Conference with a scoring average of 18.0 ppg. Minnesota has not had a player lead the B1G in scoring since Kris Humphries did so during the 2003-04 season with an average of 21.7 ppg. In fact, dating back to the 1947-48 season, the program has only had 16 seasons that a player finished with a scoring average of over 20.0 ppg. Hollins scored 15 pts in the first half against Coastal Carolina (11/19) to move past 900 career points.
• The Gophers have managed 50 steals through six games this season, second amongst all Big Ten Conference teams. DeAndre Mathieu leads the team, and is tied for fourth in the B1G with 13 steals while senior Austin Hollins has seven. Austin has 145 career steals which is currently the ninth-most in the history of the Golden Gopher program.
• Minnesota junior center Elliott Eliason is the Gophers & B1G leading rebounder with an average of 10.8 rebounds per game. He is also second in the league in blocked shots after his five-block effort against Syracuse (11/25).
Preview: Gophers at Wisconsin
2/18/2018 - M. Basketball
A Monday night Border Battle is on tap as the Gophers meet the Badgers for the only time this season.
Minnesota Defeated by Michigan State, 87-57
2/13/2018 - M. Basketball
Jaren Jackson Jr. scored a career-high 27 points on 10-for-14 shooting for second-ranked Michigan State.
Black History Month: Willie Burton
2/13/2018 - M. Basketball
In honor of Black History Month, Gopher Athletics is celebrating those who made us great.