Nov. 20, 2013
|Minnesota (4-0) vs. Wofford (1-2)|
|Date / Time||Thursday, November 21 | 6 p.m.|
|Location||Williams Arena - Directions|
|Travel||Local Weather | Parking | Preferred Hotels|
|Radio||1500 ESPN | Gopher Radio Network|
|Free Audio||Click Here|
|Live Blog||Game Day Live|
|Game Notes||Minnesota | Wofford|
|Social Media||@GopherBBall | Facebook|
Date: Thursday, November 21, 2013
Time: 6:00 p.m. CT
Location: Minneapolis, Minn.
Arena: Williams Arena (14,625)
Kevin Kugler (Play-by-Play)
Shon Morris (Analyst)
Radio: Learfield/1500 ESPN Twin Cities
Mike Grimm (Play-by-Play)
Spencer Tollackson (Analyst)
Satellite Radio: Sirius 136/XM 193
Series: 3rd meeting (2-0)
Series (Home): 3rd meeting (2-0)
Current Streak: W-2
Last Meeting: Nov. 12, 2010 - W, 69-55
Richard Pitino vs. Wofford: First meeting
Minnesota vs. Southern Conference: 11-1
(1-0 vs. Appalachian State; 2-0 vs. Chattanooga; 4-1 vs. Furman; 2-0 vs. UNC Greensboro; 2-0 vs. Wofford)
Richard Pitino vs. Southern Conf.: First meeting
GAME DAY TID-BITS
• The Gophers are 11-1 all-time against teams currently in the Southern Conference, including 2-0 against Wofford. Minnesota defeated the Terriers, 82-70, on Jan. 4, 2004 and most recently, 69-55 on Nov. 12, 2010.
• Current seniors Maverick Ahanmisi and Austin Hollins played in the 2010 game against Wofford but went scoreless.
• The Gophers forced Coastal Carolina into 20 turnovers on Tuesday evening at Williams Arena, which led to 31 points. Both of those numbers are season-highs.
• Through four games Andre Hollins is leading the Gophers and the Big Ten Conference with a scoring average of 21.8 ppg. Minnesota has not had a player lead the B1G in scoring since Kris Humphries did so during the 2003-04 season with an average of 21.7 ppg. In fact, dating back to the 1947-48 season, the program has only had 16 seasons that a player finished with a scoring average of over 20.0 ppg. Hollins scored 15 pts in the first half against Coastal Carolina to move past 900 career points. He finished with a team-high 19 points, giving him 907 for his career.
• The Gophers have managed 36 steals through four games this season, the most by any Big Ten team after the first two weeks of play. DeAndre Mathieu leads the team with nine steals while senior Austin Hollins has six. Austin has 144 career steals which is currently the ninth-most in the history of the Golden Gopher program.
• Head Coach Richard Pitino announced the signing of three players to National Letters of Intent. Joining the squad next season will be forward Josh Martin (Seattle, Wash.), guard Nate Mason (Decatur, Ga) and guard Carlos Morris (Apalachicola, Fla). Martin & Mason will be freshmen while Morris is a junior college transfer.
Construction Update: Gopher Basketball Practice Facility
12/15/2017 - M. Basketball
Check out some of the progress on the Gopher men's & women's basketball practice facilities, part of the University of Minnesota Athletes Village project!
The Murph Factor
12/12/2017 - M. Basketball
A look at how the junior's production through the first 12 games has guided the team this season.
Gophers Outlast Drake, 68-67
12/11/2017 - M. Basketball
Jordan Murphy posted his 12th straight double-double to start the season with 24 points and 18 rebounds, and Minnesota held off Drake 68-67 on Monday night.