|#14/15 Minnesota (2-0) vs. Niagara (1-0)|
|Date / Time||Wednesday, Nov. 15 | 7 p.m.|
|Location||Williams Arena - Directions|
|Travel||Local Weather | Parking | Preferred Hotels|
|Live Video||BTN Plus|
|Radio||KTLK 1130 AM/103.5 FM
|Game Notes||Minnesota | Niagara|
|Official Sites||Minnesota | Niagara|
|Social Media||Twitter | Facebook | Instagram|
Date: Wednesday, November 15, 2017
Time: 7:00 p.m. CT
Location: Minneapolis, Minn.
Arena: Williams Arena (14,625)
TV/Live Video: BTN Plus
Radio: Learfield/KTLK 1130 AM/103.5 FM –
Mike Grimm (Play-by-Play); Spencer Tollackson (Analyst)
Satellite Radio: Sirius 83/XM 83
Series: Third Meeting (1-1)
Series (Home): Second Meeting (1-0)
Current Streak: L-1
Richard Pitino vs. Niagara: First Meeting
Minnesota vs. MAAC: 6-3
Richard Pitino vs. MAAC: First Meeting
• Minnesota opens a three-game November homestand on Wednesday night, hosting the Purple Eagles of Niagara.
• Jordan Murphy earned Big Ten Player of the Week honors on Monday and followed it up with another double-double performance. Murphy is leading the team averaging 29 points and 14.5 rebounds per game through the first two games. He is tied for the nation’s lead with two double-doubles.
• The Gophers are ranked 14th nationally in the Associated Press and 15th in the USA Today Coaches Poll. It marks the first time that Minnesota has begun the season as a ranked squad since 2009, when the Gophers were 25th in the AP poll. It is the Gophers highest ranking since 1993-1994, when they were 10th entering the season. The Gophers received votes in each of the preseason polls from 2011-13 and 2015.
• Minnesota returns all five starters from last year’s team which set several records en route to a 24-13 record and NCAA Tournament berth. Including that group, Minnesota brings back 87 percent of its scoring, 92 percent of its rebounding and 91 percent of its assist total. Four Gophers received All-Big Ten accolades last year, including First Teamer Nate Mason and Defensive Player of the Year Reggie Lynch. Jordan Murphy earned Third Team plaudits while Amir Coffey was named to the All-Freshman Team, and head coach Richard Pitino was selected Coach of the Year.
• For the second time in three years, the Gophers have signed a top-25 class of prospects. Guard Gabe Kalscheur, forward Jarvis Omersa and center Daniel Oturu all inked their National Letters of Intent to join Minnesota next season. More information can be found on the following page.
SCOUTING THE PURPLE EAGLES
• Niagara opened its season with a 77-75 victory over St. Bonaventure in Olean.
• Kahlil Dukes led the offense with 23 points in the victory, NU’s first over the Bonnies after six straight defeats.
• The Purple Eagles return seven letterwinners from last season, including the entire starting five – Matt Scott, Kahlil Dukes, Chris Barton, Marvin Prochet and Dominic Robb.
• Niagara was picked to finish fifth in the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference preseason poll, coming off a 10-23 season a year ago.
GOPHERS VS. THE MAAC
• Minnesota has amassed a 6-3 record against the MAAC, having not faced a team from the 11 team league since 2011.
• Series records are as follows: Canisius (0-1), Fairfield (1-0), Marist (0-1), Niagara (1-1), Rider (1-0), Saint Peter’s (1-0), Siena (2-0).
• Minnesota’s last meeting against a MAAC foe was on Nov. 17, 2011, a 67-57 win over the Fairfield Stags at Williams Arena.
• Minnesota continues its homestand on Sunday, hosting Western Carolina at 3:30 p.m. in the first game of a men’s-women’s doubleheader. The Gopher women host Boston College at 7:00 p.m.
• The Golden Gophers and Catamounts will play before a national television audience on Fox Sports 1 Sunday afternoon.
Felde Returns as Men's Basketball Strength Coach
6/18/2018 - M. Basketball
The veteran strength and conditioning coach was most recently at the University of Miami.
Summer Update: Amir Coffey
6/14/2018 - M. Basketball
The rising junior talks about his rehab from last season's shoulder injury and excitement for the upcoming year.,
Watch: First Practice of 2018-19
6/14/2018 - M. Basketball
Go behind the scenes with the first summer practice of the 2018-19 season with the Gopher Men's Basketball team and head coach Richard Pitino.