Feb. 15, 2014
|Minnesota (16-9, 5-7) at Northwestern (12-13, 5-7)|
|Date / Time||Sunday, February 16 | 5 p.m.|
|Location||Welsh-Ryan Arena | Evanston, Ill.|
|Radio||1500 ESPN | Gopher Radio Network|
|Free Audio||Click Here|
|Game Notes||Minnesota | Northwestern|
|Official Sites||Minnesota | Northwestern|
|Social Media||@GopherBBall | Facebook|
Date: Sunday, February 16, 2014
Time: 5 p.m. CT
Location: Evanston, Ill.
Arena: Welsh-Ryan Arena (8,117)
TV: BTN – Brian Anderson (Play-by-Play); Shon Morris (Analyst)
Radio: Learfield/1500 ESPN Twin Cities – Mike Grimm (Play-by-Play); Spencer Tollackson (Analyst)
Satellite Radio: Sirius 113/XM 192
Series: 157th meeting (93-63)
Series (Away): 77th meeting (34-42)
Current Streak: L-2
Richard Pitino vs. Northwestern: 0-1
Minnesota vs. Big Ten: 722-768
Richard Pitino vs. Big Ten: 5-7
GAME DAY TID-BITS
• Minnesota closes its second two-game Big Ten road trip at Northwestern on Sunday evening.
• The Gophers are 5-7 in Big Ten action, with a 1-6 mark on the road in conference play.
• Minnesota is looking to stop a five-game winless streak at Welsh-Ryan Arena. The Gophers’ last win in Evanston came on Feb. 6, 2008, a 92-72 win over the Wildcats.
• Thursday’s game was the sixth of the year for Minnesota against a ranked opponent. The Gophers are 2-4 this year against ranked foes, including the Jan. 22 victory over the then-No. 9 Badgers in Minneapolis. Minnesota’s last road win over a top-25 team came on Jan. 9, 2013 at No. 12 Illinois, 84-67.
• Minnesota leads the league in steals per game (8.0), is second in free throw percentage (.748), and ranks fourth in scoring (74.0 ppg), three-pointers made per game (7.2) and assists (14.2).
• With his career night of 18 points and nine rebounds against Wisconsin, junior forward Maurice Walker became the sixth different Gopher to lead the team in scoring during a game this season. He had been averaging 4.9 points and 3.2 rebounds per game this season prior to the Jan. 22 win over the Badgers. Walker is the team’s leading rebounder (5.7 rpg) over the last six games, including a team-high 17 points versus the Boilermakers on Feb. 5.
• DeAndre Mathieu made the game-winning layup on Feb. 8 against Indiana and over the last six games, is the team’s leading scorer (13.2 ppg).
• Two of the Gophers’ transfers, guards DeAndre Mathieu and Malik Smith, have played integral roles in the team’s success this season. Behind top scorer Andre Hollins, Mathieu and Smith are second and third on the team in scoring in B1G games, averaging 11.8 and 10.5 points per game, respectively. Mathieu leads the Gophers in assists (110) and 3-point shooting (46.2 percent).
Gophers Add Vanderbilt Transfer Payton Willis
4/24/2018 - M. Basketball
Guard played two years with the Commodores, will have two years on the court with the Gophers.
B1G Hoops Opponents Announced for 2018-19
4/19/2018 - M. Basketball
The Minnesota men and women's basketball scheduling matchups were released on Thursday by the conference office.
Student Season Ticket Packages Unveiled
4/19/2018 - M. Basketball
University of Minnesota student season tickets for Gopher football, men's basketball, and men's hockey are on sale beginning Monday, April 23.