|#9/12 Minnesota (15-2, 3-1) vs. #5/5 Michigan (16-1, 3-1)|
|Date||Thursday, January 17, 2013|
|Time||6:00 p.m. CT|
|Location||Williams Arena (14,625)|
|Series Record||Michigan leads 80-59|
|Last Meeting||L, 73-69 OT Big Ten Tournament (March 9, 2012)|
|Television||ESPN (Dan Shulman, Dick Vitale, Andy Katz)|
|Radio||Learfield/1500 ESPN (Listen Online)|
|(Mike Grimm, Spencer Tollackson)|
|Satellite Radio||Sirius 91/XM 91|
|Game Notes||Minnesota | Michigan|
|Season Statistics||Minnesota | Michigan|
|Social Media||Facebook | @GopherBBall | @CoachTubbySmith|
Jan. 16, 2013
Series: 140th meeting (59-80)
Series (Home): 67th meeting (38-28)
Current Streak: L-3
Last Meeting: March 9, 2012 (L, 69-73 OT - BTT)
Tubby Smith vs. Michigan: 11th meeting (3-7)
Minnesota vs. Big Ten: 712-751
Tubby Smith vs. Big Ten: 63-66
Game Day Tid-Bits:
• Minnesota and Michigan have met 139 times prior to tonight with the Wolverines holding a 80-59 lead in the series. The Gophers dropped both games last season against Michigan, by five points in Ann Arbor (61-56) and by four points in the second round of the Big Ten Tournament (73-69 OT). Then-freshman point guards Andre Hollins (21 points for Minnesota) and Trey Burke (30 points for Michigan) were the stars of the tournament thriller.
• This is the first meeting between Minnesota and Michigan since 1997 in which both teams enter the game ranked in the AP & Coaches Poll.
• It is also the first meeting of two top-10 teams at Williams Arena since, coincidently, the No. 5 Wolverines visited the No. 10 Gophers during the 1977 conference season (Feb. 7).
• Andre Hollins is averaging a team and career high 14.4 ppg this season, eighth-most in the Big Ten Conference. He is second in scoring in conference games with an average of 19.0 ppg. He has led the team in scoring five times this season including a game-high 25 points in the loss at Indiana.
• Trevor Mbakwe is averaging a double-double of 10.8 points and 10.0 rebounds per game over the Gophers' last eight games. He currently leads all Big Ten players in rebounding with an overall average of 8.1 rpg. Mbakwe also led the conference in rebounding as a junior (2010-11).
• Tubby Smith currently has 118 victories on the bench at Minnesota, tied with Dan Monson for the sixth-most in program history.
Humphries Re-Signs with Atlanta Hawks
Former Gopher Kris Humphries recently re-upped with the NBA's Atlanta Hawks, the team announced late last week.
Haugh Earns Scholarship for 2016-17
Richard Pitino announced Friday that rising senior Darin Haugh has been awarded a full scholarship for the 2016-17 academic year.
Pitino Blog: First Practice Update
Head coach Richard Pitino updates fans after the Gophers first summer practice this week.