Dec. 3, 2013
Minnesota Basketball Postgame Notes
Minnesota (7-2) 71, Florida State (5-3) 61
2013 B1G/ACC Challenge
Williams Arena | Minneapolis, Minn.
Tuesday, December 3, 2013
• Tonight’s game was the ninth in the all-time series between Minnesota and Florida State, with the Gophers now holding a 5-4 lead.
• Minnesota head coach Richard Pitino improved his record to 7-2 at Minnesota and 25-16 for his career.
• Richard Pitino now owns a record of 1-1 against teams from the Atlantic Coast Conference, and tonight’s game was his first matchup against FSU.
• The Gophers improved to 18-25 all-time versus teams from the ACC.
• Minnesota improved to 7-8 all-time in the B1G/ACC Challenge, including back-to-back wins against FSU. Overall, Minnesota won its third-straight game in the B1G/ACC Challenge.
• The Gophers have played FSU five times in the B1G/ACC Challenge, including the past two seasons. Last year, Minnesota defeated the Seminoles, 77-68, at the Tucker Center in Tallahassee.
• Minnesota recorded eight steals in the game, marking the sixth time in nine games that the Gophers have had eight or more steals in a game.
• Ten of the 11 players to appear in the game for Minnesota scored points.
• Junior guard Andre Hollins led all scorers with 21 points. It’s his third 20-point game this season, and the 18th of his career.
• Andre Hollins also tied with junior guard DeAndre Mathieu for team-high honors with four assists.
• Senior guard Austin Hollins was the only other Minnesota player in double figures, finishing with 16 points, while tying for the team-lead with five rebounds.
Minnesota Holds off Nebraska-Omaha ,93-90
Joey King scored 18 points and Bakary Konate added 14 with 10 rebounds and Minnesota held off Nebraska-Omaha 93-90 on Friday.
Preview: Gophers vs. Omaha
The University of Minnesota men’s basketball team returns to the Barn to begin a four-game homestand Friday against Omaha.
Minnesota Falls Short to Texas Tech, 81-68
Carlos Morris and Joey King each scored 15 points to lead the Gophers (3-2).