Dec. 3, 2013
Minnesota Basketball Postgame Notes
Minnesota (7-2) 71, Florida State (5-3) 61
2013 B1G/ACC Challenge
Williams Arena | Minneapolis, Minn.
Tuesday, December 3, 2013
• Tonight’s game was the ninth in the all-time series between Minnesota and Florida State, with the Gophers now holding a 5-4 lead.
• Minnesota head coach Richard Pitino improved his record to 7-2 at Minnesota and 25-16 for his career.
• Richard Pitino now owns a record of 1-1 against teams from the Atlantic Coast Conference, and tonight’s game was his first matchup against FSU.
• The Gophers improved to 18-25 all-time versus teams from the ACC.
• Minnesota improved to 7-8 all-time in the B1G/ACC Challenge, including back-to-back wins against FSU. Overall, Minnesota won its third-straight game in the B1G/ACC Challenge.
• The Gophers have played FSU five times in the B1G/ACC Challenge, including the past two seasons. Last year, Minnesota defeated the Seminoles, 77-68, at the Tucker Center in Tallahassee.
• Minnesota recorded eight steals in the game, marking the sixth time in nine games that the Gophers have had eight or more steals in a game.
• Ten of the 11 players to appear in the game for Minnesota scored points.
• Junior guard Andre Hollins led all scorers with 21 points. It’s his third 20-point game this season, and the 18th of his career.
• Andre Hollins also tied with junior guard DeAndre Mathieu for team-high honors with four assists.
• Senior guard Austin Hollins was the only other Minnesota player in double figures, finishing with 16 points, while tying for the team-lead with five rebounds.
Gophers to Travel to Florida State
Minnesota will face the Seminoles on Monday, November 28 in Tallahassee at the Tucker Center.
Senior Spotlight: Joey King
Forward Joey King discusses his plans for the future and looking back on his time as a Gopher.
Gophers Reflect on Mother's Day
Heading into Mother’s Day, GopherSports.com caught up with several men’s basketball players to ask them about the influence their mom has had on their career, life and more.