Feb. 8, 2014
MEN’S BASKETBALL POSTGAME NOTES
MINNESOTA (16-8, 5-6 Big Ten) 66, INDIANA (14-9, 4-6 Big Ten) 60
WILLIAMS ARENA | MINNEAPOLIS | SATURDAY, FEB. 8, 2014
ATTENDANCE: 14,625 (14,625 capacity)
SERIES / TEAM NOTES
• Minnesota and Indiana played the 155th game in the all-time series tonight, with the Gophers improving to 65-90 against the Hoosiers.
• The Gophers hold a 44-33 lead in games played in Minneapolis, including victories in the past two home games and five of the past six overall at Williams Arena.
• Tonight’s game was the lone regular season meeting between the schools this season.
• First-year head coach Richard Pitino’s father, Rick, was at Williams Arena for the second time this season. The Gophers are 2-0 in those games.
• Minnesota, which leads the Big Ten with an average of 8.3 steals per game, finished with seven steals and forced 16 Indiana turnovers.
• As a team, the Gophers rank second in the Big Ten in free throw percentage (.746), and they made 9-of-11 (.818) attempts tonight.
• The Gophers were outrebounded, 35-30, but improved to 3-4 this season when that happens.
• Minnesota snapped its three-game losing streak, its longest under Pitino.
• Junior guard DeAndre Mathieu led all scorers with 16 points, including 10 points in the second half. It’s Mathieu’s 15th double-figure scoring game this season, and he also dished out a game-high five assists.
• Junior forward Maurice Walker came off the bench to spark the Gophers with 14 points and a team-high eight rebounds in 26 minutes. Walker made 7-of-11 field goals, with the field goal figure establishing a new career-high and the attempts mark tying his career-high.
• Junior guard Andre Hollins scored 10 points to increase his career total to 1,147 and move past Rodney Williams (1,145) into 27th place on the all-time scoring list.
Construction Update: Gopher Basketball Practice Facility
12/15/2017 - M. Basketball
Check out some of the progress on the Gopher men's & women's basketball practice facilities, part of the University of Minnesota Athletes Village project!
The Murph Factor
12/12/2017 - M. Basketball
A look at how the junior's production through the first 12 games has guided the team this season.
Gophers Outlast Drake, 68-67
12/11/2017 - M. Basketball
Jordan Murphy posted his 12th straight double-double to start the season with 24 points and 18 rebounds, and Minnesota held off Drake 68-67 on Monday night.