The University of Minnesota's 2016 recruiting class has been ranked 52nd out of 100 recruiting classes in the nation by Collegiate Baseball Newspaper. It marks one the highest recruiting ranks in Gopher program history.
The 2016 class features eight incoming freshmen and one transfer. Five of the freshman hail from the state of Minnesota while the other three are from South Dakota, Illinois and Washington respectively.
Incoming junior Jackson Rose, a right handed pitcher, is transferring to the Gophers from Barton Community College in Great Bend, Kan. He is a native of Omaha, Neb.
Another Minnesota connection is incoming freshman Eli Wilson, the son of Gopher alum, Dan Wilson. Eli was drafted in the 37th round of the 2016 MLB draft by the Seattle Mariners but chose to come to the University of Minnesota where he plans to major in kinesiology.
Minnesota's Incoming 2016 Recruiting Class
- Sam Bridges LHP South St. Paul, Minn. (South St. Paul HS)
- Nolan Burchill RHP Sioux Falls, S.D. (Lincoln HS)
- Alex Farley P/1B Anoka, Minn. (Anoka HS)
- Drew Hmielewski OF Marshall, Minn. (Marshall HS)
- Gabe Knowles OF New Ulm, Minn. (Cathedral HS)
- Brett Schulze RHP Maple Grove, Minn. (Maple Grove HS)
- Jack Wassel INF Geneva, Ill. (Geneva HS)
- Eli Wilson C/INF Seattle, Wash. (Garfield HS)
- Jackson Rose RHP Omaha, Neb. (Barton CC)
Gophers Claim Series Victory Over No. 9 TCU
3/18/2018 - Baseball
Minnesota split a pair of results on Sunday against Baseball America's No. 9-ranked team in the nation, TCU, claiming the series two games to one.
Rain Delays Saturday's Conclusion to Sunday
3/17/2018 - Baseball
Riley Smith drew a walk with two outs in the top of the third for the Gopher Baseball team before rain postponed the conclusion of the Saturday's game.
Gophers Double Up No. 9 TCU to Open Series
3/16/2018 - Baseball
The Gophers scored early and kept scrapping for runs, eventually doubling up No. 9 TCU, 6-3, in the first of a three-game series at Lupton Stadium.