The University of Minnesota's 2016 recruiting class has been ranked 52nd out of 100 recruiting classes in the nation by Collegiate Baseball Newspaper. It marks one the highest recruiting ranks in Gopher program history.
The 2016 class features eight incoming freshmen and one transfer. Five of the freshman hail from the state of Minnesota while the other three are from South Dakota, Illinois and Washington respectively.
Incoming junior Jackson Rose, a right handed pitcher, is transferring to the Gophers from Barton Community College in Great Bend, Kan. He is a native of Omaha, Neb.
Another Minnesota connection is incoming freshman Eli Wilson, the son of Gopher alum, Dan Wilson. Eli was drafted in the 37th round of the 2016 MLB draft by the Seattle Mariners but chose to come to the University of Minnesota where he plans to major in kinesiology.
Minnesota's Incoming 2016 Recruiting Class
- Sam Bridges LHP South St. Paul, Minn. (South St. Paul HS)
- Nolan Burchill RHP Sioux Falls, S.D. (Lincoln HS)
- Alex Farley P/1B Anoka, Minn. (Anoka HS)
- Drew Hmielewski OF Marshall, Minn. (Marshall HS)
- Gabe Knowles OF New Ulm, Minn. (Cathedral HS)
- Brett Schulze RHP Maple Grove, Minn. (Maple Grove HS)
- Jack Wassel INF Geneva, Ill. (Geneva HS)
- Eli Wilson C/INF Seattle, Wash. (Garfield HS)
- Jackson Rose RHP Omaha, Neb. (Barton CC)
Circling the Bases... with Easton Bertrand
12/15/2017 - Baseball
GopherSports.com asked the tough questions of Minnesota’s nine rookies ahead of the 2018 spring season. Get to know the Gopher freshmen by “circling the bases” beginning...
Offseason Outlook: BC, Chicago State, The Mount
12/13/2017 - Baseball
Heading into the 2018 season, GopherSports.com will take a look at each of the Gopher Baseball program's 2018 foes. This week, we look at the trio of foes from the Snowbird Classic from...
Young Staff Works to Produce Early Results
12/8/2017 - Baseball
Now with a year under his belt as pitching coach, Ty McDevitt is tasked with teaching a young pitching staff the collegiate game ahead of the 2018 Gopher Baseball campaign.