- Austin Athmann (Connecticut Tigers) is currently on a five-game hitting streak. During the hitting streak he has picked up eight hits. Athmann was also named to the New York-Penn League All-Star Team.
- Matt Fiedler (Johnson City Cardinals) is on a ten-game on-base streak. Over the last 30 days Fiedler has a .364 batting average (35-96).
- Jordan Jess (Bristol Pirates) has made two relief appearances in the past week where he struck out three batters in 1.2 innings.
- Ben Meyer (Greensboro Grasshoppers) started on the mound on Sunday where he pitched four innings, striking out two batters.
- Dalton Sawyer (Vermont Lake Monsters) pitched 1.1 innings in two relief appearances. He allowed two hits and zero runs.
- DJ Snelten (San Jose Giants) has not allowed a run in ten games and has only allowed three runs in his last 15 games. Snelten has made three appearances in the past week where he has struck out three batters.
- Tom Windle (Clearwater Threshers) made two relief appearances where he struck out three batters in four innings.
- Lucas Gilbreath (Hyannis Harbor Hawks) struck out the side in his last regular season game then pitched 1.1 innings in the first round of the playoffs. He recorded one strikeout and allowed just one hit. The Harbor Hawks were eliminated in the first round of the Cape Cod playoffs.
- Fred Manke (Duluth Huskies) made the start last Thursday where he struck out two batters over five innings.
- Nick Lackney (Lakeshore Chinooks) started on the hill for the Chinooks on Saturday. He pitched five scoreless innings and struck out four batters.
- Cole McDevitt (Lakeshore Chinooks) went 1-2 during Saturday's game as he caught fellow Gopher Nick Lackney.
- Jordan Kozicky (Mankato MoonDogs) went 0-1 and was hit by a pitch then later scored in the Major League Dreams Showcase. He scored two runs in Mankato's win last Thursday.
- Jack Wassel (Rockford Rivets) picked up his first RBI of the summer during Saturday's game. He went 2-3 during last Thursday's game.
- Brian Glowicki (St. Cloud Rox) gave up his first run of the season on Sunday. In his last three games he has struck out six batters in five innings. He boasts a 0.45 ERA and ten saves.
- Alex Boxwell (Waterloo Bucks) is on a seven-game hitting streak. He went 3-5 with one home run, two RBIs and two runs scored during Monday's game.
- Eddie Estrada (Willmar Stingers) went 0-2 at the Major League Dreams Showcase. He has picked up three hits and two RBIs in the past week.
- Reggie Meyer (Wisconsin Woodchucks) pitched a complete game last Friday. He picked up his first win of the summer as he struck out four batters and only allowed one run.
Circling the Bases... with Easton Bertrand
12/15/2017 - Baseball
GopherSports.com asked the tough questions of Minnesota’s nine rookies ahead of the 2018 spring season. Get to know the Gopher freshmen by “circling the bases” beginning...
Offseason Outlook: BC, Chicago State, The Mount
12/13/2017 - Baseball
Heading into the 2018 season, GopherSports.com will take a look at each of the Gopher Baseball program's 2018 foes. This week, we look at the trio of foes from the Snowbird Classic from...
Young Staff Works to Produce Early Results
12/8/2017 - Baseball
Now with a year under his belt as pitching coach, Ty McDevitt is tasked with teaching a young pitching staff the collegiate game ahead of the 2018 Gopher Baseball campaign.