- Austin Athmann (Connecticut Tigers) hit his first professional home run last Thursday. In his last three games Athmann has collected four hits, two RBIs and three runs scored.
- Matt Fiedler (Johnson City Cardinals) continued his hitting streak that now sits at nine games and has reached base in 16 straight games. He has raised his batting average to .272.
- Jordan Jess (Bristol Pirates) threw another scoreless inning of relief last Thursday night where he struck out two batters and picked up his third save. His ERA is now down to 0.90.
- Ben Meyer (Greensboro Grasshoppers) has struck out seven batters in his last two games and has lowered his ERA to 3.58.
- Dalton Sawyer (Vermont Lake Monsters) appeared in 2.2 innings of relief last week where he struck out six batters.
- DJ Snelten (San Jose Giants) pitched 2.1 innings of relief in two games, he did not allow a run in both appearances.
- Tom Windle (Clearwater Threshers) pitched 2.1 innings in two relief appearances last week and struck out one batter.
Cape Cod League
- Lucas Gilbreath (Hyannis Harbor Hawks) has threw 3.2 innings of relief in three games in the past week. He recorded two strikeouts.
- Fred Manke (Duluth Huskies) made his first start for the Huskies where he struck out one batter in a no decision.
- Ben Mezzenga (Eau Claire Express) has collected seven hits in his last five games along with six walks. His 21 steals is third most in the league.
- Nick Lackney (Lakeshore Chinooks) pitched four innings of relief on Sunday and struck out four batters in a no decision.
- Cole McDevitt (Lakeshore Chinooks) went 1-4 in Tuesday night's game.
- Jordan Kozicky (Mankato MoonDogs) went 1-4 in a Sunday loss to the Waterloo Bucks. Kozicky was selected to participate in the Major League Dreams Showcase.
- Troy Traxler (Rockford Rivets) has collected four hits in his first five games in the league.
- Brian Glowicki (St. Cloud Rox) picked up three more saves in as many games. He didn't allow a hit or a walk while striking out five batters for the North Division leaders.
Your @BrothersBarSTC final score: Glowicki gets a strikeout to seal a 5-2 victory for the Rox! pic.twitter.com/g7OwE7s2yE
— St. Cloud Rox (@StCloudRox) July 24, 2016
- Alex Boxwell (Waterloo Bucks) is currently on a nine-game hitting streak. He has recorded 13 hits during the streak.
- Eddie Estrada (Willmar Stingers) continues to get on base as his on-base streak is now up to 15 straight games. He has 19 hits during the streak. Estrada was selected to participate in the Major League Dreams Showcase.
- Reggie Meyer (Wisconsin Woodchucks) pitched six shutout innings during last Friday's game. He struck out five batters but got the no-decision.
— St. Cloud Rox (@StCloudRox) July 27, 2016
Circling the Bases... with Easton Bertrand
12/15/2017 - Baseball
GopherSports.com asked the tough questions of Minnesota’s nine rookies ahead of the 2018 spring season. Get to know the Gopher freshmen by “circling the bases” beginning...
Offseason Outlook: BC, Chicago State, The Mount
12/13/2017 - Baseball
Heading into the 2018 season, GopherSports.com will take a look at each of the Gopher Baseball program's 2018 foes. This week, we look at the trio of foes from the Snowbird Classic from...
Young Staff Works to Produce Early Results
12/8/2017 - Baseball
Now with a year under his belt as pitching coach, Ty McDevitt is tasked with teaching a young pitching staff the collegiate game ahead of the 2018 Gopher Baseball campaign.