- Austin Athmann (Connecticut Tigers) went 2-3 and scored two runs on Saturday in a 9-2 win.
- Matt Fiedler (Johnson City Cardinals) went 3-5 in Monday’s game and his currently on a six-game on-base streak.
- Jordan Jess (Bristol Pirates) recorded his first professional save after striking out three batters in 1.2 innings last Thursday night.
- Ben Meyer (Greensboro Grasshoppers) picked up his second win of the season after pitching 4.0 innings where he struck out five batters and didn’t allow a run.
- DJ Snelten (San Jose Giants) pitched 5.2 innings of relief over two games and recorded three strikeouts.
- Tom Windle (Gulf Coast League Phillies) pitched one innning where he struck out one batter.
Cape Cod League
- Lucas Gilbreath (Hyannis Harbor Hawks) pitched in relief for 1.2 innings last Wednesday and recorded one strikeout.
- Ben Mezzenga (Eau Claire Express) was voted to his first Northwoods League All-Star Game. In his last two games, Mezzenga has collected three hits, five walks, drove in two RBIs and scored four runs.
- Micah Coffey (Kenosha Kingfish) has picked up six hits and has scored four runs in his last six games.
- Nick Lackney (Lakeshore Chinooks) pitched 2.0 innings of relief on Saturday and struck out three batters.
- Cole McDevitt (Lakeshore Chinooks) collected two hits and scored two runs in the past week.
- Jordan Kozicky (Mankato MoonDogs) was voted to his first Northwoods League All-Star Game. He has two hits in his last three games, one of which was a triple.
- Troy Traxler signed to play for the Rockford Rivets for the remainder of the season.
- Brian Glowicki (St. Cloud Rox) has pitched three innings in two games in the last week. He recorded his second save and picked up five more strikeouts without allowing a run.
Your @BrothersBarSTC FINAL SCORE - Rox win 6-2 over the Honkers. Brian Glowicki ends the game! pic.twitter.com/VTkj2bFwYJ
— St. Cloud Rox (@StCloudRox) July 10, 2016
- Alex Boxwell (Waterloo Bucks) had a six-game on-base streak broken on Sunday but rebounded by driving in two runs in Monday’s game.
- Tyler Hanson (Willmar Stingers) picked up his fourth win of the season after he threw 8.0 innings and struck out one batter. He is tied for third most wins in the league.
- Eddie Estrada (Willmar Stingers) is currently on an eight-game on-base streak. He has picked up ten hits and eight walks during the current streak.
- Jeff Fasching (Wisconsin Rapids Rafters) has pitched 3.2 innings in two games the past week. He has struck out two batters in those two games.
- Reggie Meyer (Wisconsin Woodchucks) made his second start of the season where he pitched 6.0 innings and struck out three batters.
Circling the Bases... with Easton Bertrand
12/15/2017 - Baseball
GopherSports.com asked the tough questions of Minnesota’s nine rookies ahead of the 2018 spring season. Get to know the Gopher freshmen by “circling the bases” beginning...
Offseason Outlook: BC, Chicago State, The Mount
12/13/2017 - Baseball
Heading into the 2018 season, GopherSports.com will take a look at each of the Gopher Baseball program's 2018 foes. This week, we look at the trio of foes from the Snowbird Classic from...
Young Staff Works to Produce Early Results
12/8/2017 - Baseball
Now with a year under his belt as pitching coach, Ty McDevitt is tasked with teaching a young pitching staff the collegiate game ahead of the 2018 Gopher Baseball campaign.