- Glen Perkins's season was cut short due to shoulder surgery.
- Paul Molitor's Minnesota Twins are sitting at a record of 25-52.
- Austin Athmann (Connecticut Tigers) recorded his first professional hit Monday night.
- Matt Fiedler (Johnson City Cardinals) has collected two hits and three walks.
- Jordan Jess (Bristol Pirates) picked up his first professional win in his first appearance that was two innings of relief.
- Ben Meyer (Greensboro Grasshoppers) has appeared in 21 games as a relief pitcher. He has recorded 50 strikeouts and one win out of the bullpen.
- Seth Rosin (El Paso Chihuahuas) has made five relief appearances and has four strikeouts.
- Dalton Sawyer (Vermont Lake Monsters) has appeared in two games and has recorded his first professional save and has two strikeouts.
- DJ Snelten (San Jose Giants) has made 13 appearances out of the bullpen where he has 63 strikeouts.
- Tom Windle (Reading Fightin Phils) has recorded 29 strikeouts in 24 relief appearancesCape
Cape Cod League
- Lucas Gilbreath (Hyannis Harbor Hawks) has pitched seven innings of relief where he recorded 10 strikeouts.
- Ben Mezzenga (Eau Claire Express) has a .324 batting average with two home runs and seven RBIs. His 14 stolen bases are tied for third most in the league.
- Micah Coffey (Kenosha Kingfish) has collected 15 hits to raise his batting average to .319. He has one home run and 11 RBIs. You can check out his home run here.
- Nick Lackney (Lakeshore Chinooks) has pitched 4.1 innings and has three strikeouts.
- Jordan Kozicky (Mankato MoonDogs) ranks in the top ten of the league with a .347 batting average. He has also recorded one home run and 13 RBIs.
- Jake Stevenson (St. Cloud Rox) has pitched 14.2 innings and has recorded one win with 15 strikeouts. He as a 1.84 ERA.
- Brian Glowicki (St. Cloud Rox) was activated this week.
- Alex Boxwell (Waterloo Bucks) has a .300 batting average with one home run and seven RBIs. He has scored 13 runs and has six stolen bases.
- Tyler Hanson (Willmar Stingers) has a 2-0 record in three starts. He has recorded 12 strikeouts in 16 innings pitched and boasts a 2.25 ERA.
- Eddie Estrada (Willmar Stingers) has a .275 batting average and six RBIs in 14 games.
- Luke Pettersen (Wisconsin Rapids Rafters) has a .238 batting average with one RBI and two walks.
- Jeff Fasching (Wisconsin Rapids Rafters) has made five relief appearances with six strikeouts and a 2.25 ERA.
Circling the Bases... with Easton Bertrand
12/15/2017 - Baseball
GopherSports.com asked the tough questions of Minnesota’s nine rookies ahead of the 2018 spring season. Get to know the Gopher freshmen by “circling the bases” beginning...
Offseason Outlook: BC, Chicago State, The Mount
12/13/2017 - Baseball
Heading into the 2018 season, GopherSports.com will take a look at each of the Gopher Baseball program's 2018 foes. This week, we look at the trio of foes from the Snowbird Classic from...
Young Staff Works to Produce Early Results
12/8/2017 - Baseball
Now with a year under his belt as pitching coach, Ty McDevitt is tasked with teaching a young pitching staff the collegiate game ahead of the 2018 Gopher Baseball campaign.