Gopher Baseball Gives You Ten Reasons to Come to the Metrodome for the 2012 DQ Classic:
1. Dome Dogs!
2. Always 70 degrees and sunny!
3. Robbing a home run in center field.
4. Twins hall of famer Kirby Puckett's golden seat where he hit his Game 6 1991 World Series famous home run. And we'll see you...tomorrow night!
5. Dive into the bases without any grass stains.
6. Close to campus and students can get in free with their U Card!
7. Getting blown out of the Metrodome through the doors.
8. A chance to get a free Dairy Queen Blizzard of your choice!
9. We don't have to worry about snow...
10. The best reason of all. To come and watch the Golden Gopher Baseball team against Nebraska, New Mexico State and West Virginia, March 2-4.
Gophers to Play Three-Game Series vs Illinois
The University of Minnesota will host Illinois for a Big Ten three-game series beginning Friday afternoon at Siebert Field.
Minnesota Picks Up 24th Win Over NIU
The University of Minnesota improved to 24-12 overall Tuesday with a 3-2 victory over the Northern Illinois Huskies.
Hanson and Stemper Homer as Gophers Fall
The University of Minnesota fell 9-4 Sunday in the rubber game of a three-game series versus Nebraska.