Gopher Baseball Gives You Ten Reasons to Come to the Metrodome for the 2012 DQ Classic:
1. Dome Dogs!
2. Always 70 degrees and sunny!
3. Robbing a home run in center field.
4. Twins hall of famer Kirby Puckett's golden seat where he hit his Game 6 1991 World Series famous home run. And we'll see you...tomorrow night!
5. Dive into the bases without any grass stains.
6. Close to campus and students can get in free with their U Card!
7. Getting blown out of the Metrodome through the doors.
8. A chance to get a free Dairy Queen Blizzard of your choice!
9. We don't have to worry about snow...
10. The best reason of all. To come and watch the Golden Gopher Baseball team against Nebraska, New Mexico State and West Virginia, March 2-4.
Three Former Gophers Coach in State Tourney
Gopher Greats Bobby DeWitt, Terry Steinbach and Tim Loberg Coached in the 4A State Championship at Target Field.
Fiedler, Athmann on ABCA All-Mideast Roster
Both recent MLB draftees were named to the all-region second team on Wednesday.
Four Gophers from 2016 Selected in MLB Draft
Athmann, Fiedler, Jess, Sawyer all chosen in annual Major League Baseball Draft after outstanding 2016 campaigns