New Media Student Opportunities
Gopher Vision Production Assistant
Start Date: 2012 Fall semester
Hours: 10-15 per week
Pay Rate: $10.00 per hour
Responsibilities: The Production Assistant position will assist with preparation and execution of Gopher Vision productions. Gopher Vision produces broadcast video for Golden Gopher Athletics. Working hours will occur primarily during Gopher Athletics events. Responsibilities may include:
- Field & robotic camera operation
- Replay operation
- Broadcast graphics and video clips operation
- Video editing
- Audio mixing
- Tape machine operation
- Video logging and archiving
- Statistics integration
- Tear down and setup of production equipment
- Night, weekend, and some holiday hours
- Basic knowledge of computers and video equipment
- Interest in sports and/or broadcast production
- Eagerness to learn
No prior experience or knowledge of the production process is required.
Click here for more information.
For questions or more information, email Tadd Wilson.Top
GopherSports.com multimedia student assistant
Start date: 2012 Fall semester
Hours: 10-15 per week, including night/weekend hours
Responsibilities: The student worker position will work as an assistant in the New Media arm of Gopher Sports Marketing and Golden Gopher Athletics, working primarily as an editor, producer and videographer for GopherSports.com, Gopher Athletics social media channels and in-arena scoreboard productions.
Applicants with previous knowledge and experience in multimedia production (high quality video shooting/editing, audio recording, photography) are strongly preferred. Interest in and knowledge of sports and sports reporting is also encouraged.
The position is integral to the overall operations of Gopher Athletics and is a hands-on learning experience in an exciting collegiate athletics setting. Flexible schedules accommodated; position will require off-hours (evening, weekend) work.
Common tasks include:
- Attend Gopher Athletics events/practices to shoot video
- Conduct video interviews with athletes/coaches/fans
- Compile interesting web-friendly video segments
- Work with staff on devising creative ways to utilize/create video content
- Work with other university units (scoreboard operations, University Relations, other Gopher sports) to best utilize and disseminate multimedia assets across multiple channels
Requirements: This position requires experience with broadcast-quality video shooting and editing, ideally for someone in a journalism (broadcast or otherwise) and/or communications track. Applicants must have experience with commonly used professional video editing software programs, most notably Final Cut Pro. Graphical creation and graphics design experience (After Effects, Adobe Creative Suite, Apple Motion) is a plus.
Position will require some night, weekend and holiday hours.
Interested applicants should submit their resume and brief cover letter; online links to sample works also encouraged.Top