Office Phone: 612-624-3344
Ed Lochrie is entering his ninth season as the Head Football Athletic Trainer for the University of Minnesota after being hired in May of 2002. Lochrie is responsible for the complete health care of the Football team and is in daily communication with Head Football Coach Tim Brewster.
Lochrie arrived in Gold Country from the University of Kansas where he served as the Head Football Athletic Trainer during the 2001 season. Prior to his work at Kansas, he spent seven years (1994-2001) as an Assistant Athletic Trainer at the University of Colorado. Lochrie worked with the Colorado Football team all seven years and was also involved with the Men's Basketball team from 1994-97. He arrived in Boulder, Colo., from the University of Denver, where he worked as the Head Athletic Trainer from 1993-94 after serving as an Assistant Athletic Trainer from 1990-93. During his four years at Denver his primary focus was with the Men's Hockey team. Lochrie, a Bishop, Calif., native, graduated from the University of Colorado in 1987, earning a Bachelor's degree in Biology. He earned his Master of Arts degree in Physical Education from Michigan State University in 1990.
Heat Illness Prevention
Functional Rehabilitation Progressions
- 2008 Big Sky Sports Medicine Conference - Hamstring Treatment & Rehabilitation
- 2007 Big Sky Sports Medicine Conference - Exertional Rhabdomyolysis in a College Football Athlete
- 2006 Sky Sports Medicine Conference - Traumatic Brachial Plexus Injury in a Collegiate Football Player
- 2005 Sky Sports Medicine Conference - Lis Franc Injury in a College Football Athlete
- 2004 District 7 - Athletic Training Symposium Management and Rehabilitation of Osteitis Pubis
- 2004 Big Sky Sports Medicine Conference - The Latarjet Procedure - Surgical Application and Rehabilitation
Gophers Set for Northeast Regional
3/21/2017 - M. Ice Hockey
The 2017 NCAA Men’s Ice Hockey Tournament marks the 37th appearance in the national tournament for the Maroon & Gold -- the most of any program in college hockey.
Gophers in the Pros: Erica Handley
3/23/2017 - W. Volleyball
Gophersports.com caught up with its most recent professional athlete, Erica Handley.
Faces of Fearless: Sara Groenewegen
3/22/2017 - General Release
Sara Groenewegen deals with Type I diabetes as a part of her everyday life. But it hasn't stopped her from becoming one of the Big Ten's best pitchers and hitters.